Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Functional module would suits an ABAPer ?

venkatesha_n
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to become functional  consultant.

I dont have any functional skills.

But i know ABAP, Webdypro, ALV, XML, debugging, screen programming very well.

Can anybody please suggest me which functional module will suit for my skills ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VenkatRamesh_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkatesha,

As a Developer your Specified  Skills  can work   for any  Module, only table changes based on Module.

You should learn some basic flow and tables regarding functional modules for better Understanding.

Regards,

Venkat.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

If you are an abaper then you might be knowing all table related to functional modules that means your are half to functional consultant then you need to decide upon your educational background like if your an commerce graduate then u would go for FICO if your commerce background and if you have sales purchase  knowledge then u can go for MM or SD the ball is in your court decide it then make a tuff decision which could change life

my best wishes with u ..................

Regards

VenkatRamesh_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkatesha,

As a Developer your Specified  Skills  can work   for any  Module, only table changes based on Module.

You should learn some basic flow and tables regarding functional modules for better Understanding.

Regards,

Venkat.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the information, am at sap only, i have a BE educational background, and 5 years exp in ABAP, i mean its just ABAP like RFC,alv, wd, screen prog, wd configurations, xml progm,,, so am actually looking forward to learn some Sap functional module with less time making my ABAP skills usefull in a functional module.

However, i didnt get ' You should learn some basic flow and tables regarding functional modules for better Understanding '  !!!  --> how to start understanding tables of functional module ?

BR,

Venkatesha.N.

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesha,

Some of the core modules are.  (up to my knowledge ).

Sales and Distribution.

Material Management.

Production Planning.

Quality Management.

Production ans Planning.

If you Google with some modules names with flow you can view Many Documents.

If you  have a Desire, Interest and Hard work you can learn Anything  Beyond Skill Set And Education.

Being 5 years of Exp,

if you are changing fully to New Module Considering Demand or Money as reason then it may  not  be constant.

Your New Module will  Treat as Fresher.

So Be Techno-Functional , Or Improve your Technical Skill in BI, Hana Etc.

Regards,

Venkat.