cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in user defined payload search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I tried to configure the payload search in SAP PI 7.1 EHP1 ; I followed the guides given in the links given below. After following every step, I am able to view till the last step but I am not able to get any output.

After I define filter, extractors and prefixes; the filter becomes active. Now if I try to search with the message id I am able to find the values which I required are extracted (as expected). But when I try the same in SXI_MONITOR there is no result. I end up in getting no message available for selection window. I tried every variation which was prescribed in this websites which helped me fine tune my filter but still the error is very much present.

Could you help me in solving this and throw light on why the test extractor is working but user-defined selection criteria is not working.

I am using this in lower environment only.

Links referred:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/803b22cf-ad75-2f10-0790-da055f2e8...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c85598f63335bfe10000000a42189d/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/people/niki.scaglione2/blog/2010/02/22/payload-searching-without-trex

regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi barath,

Extract during message processing will work for the messages that went through PI after this configuration has been done and it will not work for older messages.

Extract with External batch job will apply this filter for older messages as well. Bit for achieving this you have to run batch job for program “SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES”.

We need to run the job for program “SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES”. In SE38 we need to give this program name execute the program and give the date and time.

after we need to check the messages in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Rajendar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Eng Swee and Rajender.

I executed as you said. The extraction process is successful. But the same response:-

No messages available for selection.

Initially, I also searched the messages which were sent after I created the filter. Same result.

I would like to highlight that the test extractor was always successful when searched with message id. But while trying to access the same message via SXMB_MONI, I am getting this response.

regards,

Bharath

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bharath

In your previous screenshot, for the selection criteria in SXMB_MONI, you have the value as *.

Can you try with an actual value instead of a wildcard?

If it does not work, can you run SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES with a particular message ID that you have and provide a screenshot of the log of that run?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Tried with a value(instead of wildcard) from a recently processed message.

But the same response:- No messages available for selection.

Further tried to extract using message id;

1. Test extractor(in filter define window) -> successfully extr
  2. Job SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES -> successfully extr

In both the cases I am able to view the all the value of extracted fields from the message for specified message id. Both extraction results are the same(same as earlier screenshot of extraction; in both cases).

But while trying to access the same message via SXMB_MONI, I am getting the same response again : No messages available for selection.

Did someone already succeed in retrieving the messages through Indexing ?

Ie., SXI_MONITOR -> User defined Message Search -> extractor name and values -> Results Fetched successfully ???

Am I missing any configuration here, to retrieve the Message from Database through Indexing(User Defined Message Search)?

rgds

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barath,

Are you Activated your filter after All configurations.

Regards,

Rajendar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. The filter is active.

rgds,

Bharath

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath

Yes, I have configured UDMS before and it works fine.

If you are saying that the SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES job ran successfully, then the index should be there already.

Can you check if your other criterias (date, time, etc) is correct when you run SXMB_MONI?

Another thing to check is the attribute for the message. Execute SXMB_MONI without the filter criteria to get the message that you want to find. In the results screen, highlight the message and click on "Attributes" button. If the extraction run successfully built the index, then you should get a pop up screen that displays the user-defined attribute name and value. An example screenshot below. If you do not have any attributes, that means the indexing wasn't correct and your search in SXMB_MONI would always fail.

If you still can't get it to work. Please provide screenshots of the log for SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES, the attributes pop up for the message and also your selection criteria for SXMB_MONI.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

From your screenshot i saw that you are searching for the value "*" , can you please confirm whether you tried by searching with some values in the moni or only the special character , if not please try with some values.

As you confirmed that the indexing is done already it should work.

thanks and regards,

Murugavel Singaravel

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath

For messages already processed prior to the creation of the extractor/filter, it won't be automatically indexed.

To rebuilt the index for existing messages, execute report SXMS_EXTRACT_MESSAGES with the corresponding selection criteria. After the index has been rebuilt, you should be able to get it from SXMB_MONI.

Rgds

Eng Swee