cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Time Management Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As per the current scenario, total working hrs is 9. In-time is not fixed, but they need to complete 9 hrs. Now, suppose if any employee leaves after 12 am (next day) his out time is not captured in the system.

Client has a custom report which capture all the data from external system

What would be the possible solution to capture out time of the employee after 12 am ?

Please suggest your input to do the necessary changes in the system.

Regards,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

Thanks for your valuable input.

Regards,

Ritu

snandago12
Explorer
0 Kudos

@Vivek, there are many instances where time recording may not be used on daily basis like external training, client visit, etc where I can logon to ESS and punch my missing dates where approval can be taken from manager to meet my clock-in / clock-out corrections. For such, I don't require system to compute my in time and out time. Deviations are not just for absences, but also for attendances.

@Ritu, seems to be technical glitch here. This information should come from time terminal and not SAP, as SAP is a target system and not source. While employee comes "in" he should punch 1; and 9 for "out" or similar. This way, the time terminal can capture either it is same day punch-in or previous day punch-in / punch-out, may be your customer should further refine the custom report they have for time terminal. Then those output can be recorded in Clock-in / Clock-out process in time management be in negative time management or positive and calculate them between planned vs actual, where u may require custom report or program. Again as Vivek sighted, the positive time management is more apt than negative time management if you want complete automation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek/Saravana,

My client has a Z Report to check the attendance of employees which fetch the data from 3rd party system.

Scenario is like suppose an employee work for 10 AM to 7 PM shift but for some reason lets assume he works till 2 AM. In this case, employee's exit punch is not considered by 3rd party system. Lets say if he comes next morning for same 10 AM to 7 PM shift, then employee's punch time is considered for 2AM to 7PM for that day. His previous day is reflect as an absence. system calculates only the first and last punch for same day, no punch in between is considered.

Please give your suggestion as how do I correct this issue of timing, to consider the data after 12 am in same day entry not for next day ?

As of now, all work schedule are maintained as a  planned working time. Is there any provision to capture his presence after midnight via flexitime etc ?

Awaiting your input for same...

Regards,

Ritu

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

All of these you can achieve in positive time management which is standard solution option from SAP.

You are actually doing positive time management by considering time events. Standard SAP is intelligent enough to assign clock in/clock out to current day/previous day.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am working on support project and -ve time management is already implemented at the client place. I got this issue as a ticket raised by them.

They are not interested to go for positive time management and still need to close this issue on priority basis.

Therefore, I need to know any other possible way out to solve this

Regards,

Ritu

snandago12
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

This is not achievable if you are trying for automation by negative time management. You may have to go for positive time management where you have to choose TM00 schema and Time Evaluation.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using negative or positive time management?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Its negative time management.

Regards,

Ritu

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In negative time management, you don't record clock times and don't evaluate data using clock times.

You will have to go for custom solution for this purpose.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

snandago12
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

One can record clock times, but no business does as a process. But to evaluate, it is ideally performed via Positive Time Management. Custom solution is another option, but cannot propose here as it is always rational behind any customer requirement.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

There is no point in recording clock times if one doesn't have to evaluate it. Idea of negative time management is to evaluate planned times + deviations.

Thanks and regards,
Vivek Barnwal