Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User default not getting assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on GRC 10 SP14.

The user defaults maintained under End User Personization are not getting assigned to the users.

Here is what I have done so far

a) maintained the request types by adding user defaults in the action list

b)maintained user defaults for connectors

c)copied the BRF+ User defaults application from 000 to the customizing client and maintained decision table for it.

The simulation gives the correct values

d) maintained AC mappings with the BRF+ user default function mapping

d)Implemented SAP note#2020712

However, the user defaults are still not getting assigned to the users.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Silver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue got resolved by maintaining user defaults in SPRO with the target connector as the CUA system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Silver,

Did you mean that the target connector of "Maintain User Defaults" must be  maintaining in "Maintain CUA Settings"?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Cristian,

I had to maintain the CUA system in the target connector of user defaults.

e.g. My CUA connector is CUACLNT100 so I had to maintain the target connector under

Maintain User Defaults--> Target Connector-->CUACLNT100

Cheers!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silver,

did you check the following note?

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1665585

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. everything mentioned in the note is already in place.

I am using Request type in the BRF+ so if a request type is 001 it returns a user default ID.

The simulation also works fine.

Thanks,

Silver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surfer,

You may wish to share a screenshot of your BRF+ decision table and your ID mapping per User default assigned to the connectors.

Are you using Header level or Line item level request attributes to determine the User Default ID?

I know you mentioned request type (Header level), but wondering if you are using any other attributes. By the sounds of it, you have default values set up per system, but this can not be determined solely by header level attributes. It is likely you need to be considering the connector aligned to the roles in the request etc (i.e. line item).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Here is the screenshot of BRF+ decision table

I tried with inserting different columns but it didnt work. I have a feeling that it is not even coming to BRF+. I checked the mapping and user defaults are mapped to the correct function ID.

The above screenshot is the one which is currently active.All my test Ids start with GRC and just want them to return 002 as the default ID

Another question in SPRO...->Maintain user defaults, the ID is 2 here it does not allow to maintain 2 it maintains it as 002, not sure if that would even make any difference.

Best Regards,

Silver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silver Surfer,

Thanks for the screenshot. There are a few things to go through/consider

• You may wish to utilise "Request Type" as an additional condition column.
  • in the results, 002 = 2, therefore don't worry about it, as it should translate over ok (I get the same).
  • You are using ROLE_CONNECTOR as a condition in the Decision table, meaning you are looking at the Line items. The out of the box BRF+ rule did not work for me on SP13 and I could only manage to make it work with Header level attributes. For Line item related attributes it is much more complicated to set up and I had to have SAP Support help me in a past project. I do not have access to the rule set up unfortunately, therefore it is hard for me to describe.
  • Check this wiki out Setting up User Defaults - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki IT has a similar set up to what you are trying. Maybe you could copy the set up shown in the wiki and see if that fixes your issue.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Harinam,

I have already checked that link but even making the BRF+ exactly like that didnt resolve my issue. I have raised a message for SAP now, Will share the solution suggested by them.

Best regards,

Silver