Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect with Database server in MDM

former_member208255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed the MDM server 7.1 on windows 64 bit box, but installed MDM console (32 bit).

Getting the issue like below

Can anybody please help me out to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Bhaskar N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

we just met this problem last month,make sure that the user you use to connect to DB has the authorization,and mostly it is the DB connection problem, check the tnsnames.ora,sqlnet.ora file is set right.

or you can just use the tool mdm_configAssistant,follow the result report and check your settings.then the problem might be resolved. the use of the  MDM Configuration Assistant, refer to the note1543650.

hope it helps.

best regards

Stephen

former_member208255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick response, i have successfully connected the DBMS server in my local server.

Same as followed in my amazon cloud server, facing an issue like below,

System configuration:

Windows server 2008 R2 datacenter
Sql server : 2008 r2

Please advice to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Bhaskar N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Bhaskar

sorry to reply late,the above issue is the login credentials problem,make sure the user and password you use is correct,by the way ,try not to use the "administrator",use the DBMS user,like “system” for oracle,“sa” for sql server,if it still does not work,try another user which is the user you assigned when installing MDM on the DB.

best regards

Stephen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

Did you install Oracle client on MDM server.  If not please install it and revert with the result..

Please check SAP Note 1350635 - "Problem connecting to database from MDM console" & Note 1363797 -" Oracle connection problem".. Kindly also check the log in MDM console and revert with the result.

Also, Please check Configurations Settings as mention in [MDM installation Document|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001668492008E] from Page no 42 to 45.

do the following

You need to create tnsnames.ora file even on the host where MDM is installed and define Oracle database host and instance there. Then, MDM user needs to have access to oracle client libraries and needs to have access to this tnsnames.ora file as well. Once you set this up, it will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Check you database is up

check the listener service

use command R3trans -d it should be 0

if not solved share logs DEV_W0,disp_work dev_ms

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhaskar,

Please find a solution for similar issue in below sdn link :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1662569

It says below:

You need to create tnsnames.ora file even on the host where MDM is installed and define Oracle database host and instance there. Then, MDM user needs to have access to oracle client libraries and needs to have access to this tnsnames.ora file as well. Once you set this up, it will work fine.

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Deepa.