cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for rejection of Travel Request in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all Gurus,

Has anyone tried to allow approver of Travel request or Travel expense claim  to enter rejection reason or any justification..?

If yes, how is this done via workflow?

Regards,

Namsheed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the old version (JAVA), after rejection, the WF would create a task to enter the reason in a textbox. This wasn't user friendly in the UWL, because you had to do a refresh first.

It worked well in the SBWP because there the popup is shown immediately. I don't know if they changed this in the NWBC. I don't think so. Try it out I would say 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy Goris,

We tried it in SBWP by changing the workflow. there the popup is showing, but the same popup is not showing in NWBC. only aprrove or reject radio button is available.

Do I need to do any more settings or configuration for getting the popup in NWBC.?

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you do a refresh in the NWBC after reject? Because this is not automatic. If the popup is shown in the backend than it should also be shown in the NWBC (but maybe after a manual refresh of the POWL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy Goris,

I will show you all the screenshots in R/3 as well as NWBC.

WHEN i CLICK ON REJECT, I GET THE POPUP LIKE THIS.

So in R/3, it is fine...Now in NWBC,

When we select Reject & click on OK, this popup is disappearing. I refreshed many times but no way to give the reason for rejection.

Now pls tell what need to do.?

to maintain any table or any settings or config change...?

Waiting for some solution.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey.

If you reject using NWBC and you go to SBWP, do you see the reject popup task there?

rajeshkothamasu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with EP consultant may be some configuration of UWL(Change in XML file) is required in portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stop providing wrong answers... Like the other one, this makes no sence. He is using NWBC so it seems logic that he doesn't use the portal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy Goris,

If I reject using NWBC and when I go to SBWP, the workitem itself is not there in inbox. Obviously it wont be there as it is already executed.

Instead I can see the workitem in Outbox -> Workitem executed by me,but here I can't find any popup.

See the screenshots, you can understand better.

Regards,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

We don't have portal here. We are only using NWBC. Also there is no Portal consultant. But anyway thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Compare the workflow log (transaction SWIA). See if there is a difference between rejection in backend and rejection in NWBC. Should be the same I would expect. Do you know which workflow is triggered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I compared as you said,

It is working same as rejection in backend.

See the screeenshots

You got any idea..?

Shall I write this to SAP..? Will they reply this as a consulting issue..?

What should I do.?

Regards,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it's the standard workflow and it's doesn't work in NWBC (also standard) than you can open a message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is a standard workflow WS90000005.

Under which component I should raise..?

Thanks,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't... It starts with a 9 so it's not a standard workflow, it's a custom workflow.

I guess the custom wf was created specific for the backend (maybe it check sy-tcode for example which isn't used in the NWBC.

Also check out SPRO:

Please make sure that customizing in following IMG path is completed for task types

Cross-Application Components -> Process and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry..its a custom workflow...actually for travel we need  2 level or approvals where as SAP standard is having 1 level approval only.

ABAP team has done it.

I am already having the link POWL Inbox Configurations.., but I didn't got anything related to my requirement.

What to do now...!!

rajeshkothamasu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i am thinking that, issue from portal that's why i have responded or else will not respond.

actually same issue i have got in EP that is solved by EP consultant.

one thing to say many guys are providing answers in scn and only one of them is giving correct

what about the other they dont sense or what.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the workflow task where it goes wrong. Look at the code behind the reject task via PFTC.

Debug the workflow if needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's true that not all answers are correct, even mine. But you have given 2 suggestions that make zero sense. So that's just confusing to the topic starter. NWBC means no portal. The first one about creating a module pool makes also no sense

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy Goris wrote:

NWBC means no portal.

One clarification. NWBC for Desktop can be used to access portal, it is one of the supported usage scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's true. You can also put a bike in your car and ride your car while sitting on your bike. It's not easy and not logic but it's possible 😉

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajeshkothamasu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can achieve this via workflow by using module pool

follow the below procedure it will work.

1. Create one function module. Inside the function module call module pool screen and design a box and button (for getting the comments entered in box), write coding for editable for comments(Reason for rejection)

2. Create a custom method in business object and call the function module in program. Set the import and export parameters for that method.

3. Create one task in workflow and inside the task assign business object method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone give a solution for this..??

Regards,

Namsheed