cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Infoset Query Reporting Set Restriction by Org. Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am giving some new users a demo on using Infoset Query on an IDES server.

I am using the user group Personnel Administration (PA) and the HRDATA infoset.

As per my understanding, I should be able to restrict the reporting set according to organizational structure as the infoset is based on logical database PNP. However I am only seeing "No. of hits" in the restrict by drop-down (as can also be seen in the screenshot).

What am I missing to be able to see the restrict by option of "Persons along organizational structure"?

All assistance in this regard is really appreciated.

Regards,

Talha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Talha,

In the AD-Hoc Main screen (the screen you attached) go to Edit menu >> choose Settings >> check the checkbox "Start via selection screen".

Then, after you run the query, a selection screen will appear, in which you will be able to set filter by an organizational unit using the "Org. Structure" button.

Regards,

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Azury,

Thankyou for your response.

Your solution is perfectly sound for fulfilling the purpose.

However, because I am conducting a demo, I thought a reporting set restriction on the main screen would be more appealing, than an additional selection screen.

In a demo screenshot I have seen that the restrict by option "Persons along organizational structure", is listed right under "No. of hits" like in my screen shot. Can you shed some light on that. I am attaching the demo screenshot I am talking about for reference as well

Thanks,

Talha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. You should.

I seem to remember that this sits in the hierarchy framework configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sven,

Thanks for your response. I think you are spot on.

Although I am unable to modify the configuration in IDES, I will investigate it on another environment.

Regards,

Talha