cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sFTP receiver channel error :Failed to create JCA connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Facing below error in SFTP receiver channel.

This is the first run of SFTP adapter on our PI server.

• Message could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Failed to create JCA connection. Reason: c:\temp\sample_ra_output.5.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)

• Exception caught by adapter framework: Adapter call failed. Reason: c:\temp\sample_ra_output.5.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)

• SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.lang.Exception: Adapter call failed. Reason: c:\temp\sample_ra_output.5.txt (The system cannot find the path specified).

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Nida Fatima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems the file path is not available in the receiver windows server. Please check whether the file path is available or not.

If it is not available, create it. If it is available, then stop and start the channel (may be it is the message logged in the previous polling).

You can check the option, create target directory.

Thanks,

Kanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you post your Receiver's configuration?

Anyway, your path is definetely wrong.

• SFTP directories are always separated with slash "/"
  • What you see on the SFTP-Server's operating system is not what you see when loggin in via SFTP
  • The path depends on the SFTP-user's pemission on the SFTP-server and can be either relative or absolute
  • Everything depends on the SFTP-server's configuration

Example: You configured your SFTP-server the share the directory C:\temp under the name "temp" and the user "hugo" is allowed to see everything.

Your configuration would be (using absolute path):

User: hugo

Path: /temp/

Filename: something.txt

If you configured the "homedirectory" of hugo to "C:\temp\" (in the SFTP-Server) the user is already in that directory after login in. Then you can use "." as path.

You should try to login to the SFTP-server manually (e.g. using WinSCP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

In my configuration for filepath I have nowhere mentioned c:\temp\.

Adapter is failing at exit bean.

As per my understanding this looks like OS level JCA user access issue.

The file(sample_ra_output.5.txt) is somewhere related to the parameter value of exit module "deployedAdapters/com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra/shareable/com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra".

Please let me know your thought.

Thanks & Regards,

Nida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the SAP-standard SFTP-adapter?

Then, the JDNI-name in the Exitbean must be different. It's simple calling the wrong class, which is supposed to be a sample for adapter developement instead of the working SFTP-class.

It should be like this: (Replace "sample" by "sftp")

http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/14976879-287740/SFTP%20receicer%20adapter.jpg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

Thanks for correcting me.

PFB the screenshot of my channel.

After this change channel is giving different error :

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.lang.Exception: Cannot lookup the ra connectionFactory. Reason: Object not found in lookup of com.sap.aii.adapter.sftp.ra. 

Pleas guide.

Regards,

Nida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but there is still a little typo in the JDNI name.

It must be: deployedAdapters/com.sap.aii.adapter.sftp.ra/shareable/com.sap.aii.adapter.sftp.ra

You can also create a new empty SFTP-receiver and copy it from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko, 

I have created a new channel with below config. But still there is error as below.

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Nida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Heiko.

Above issue is resolved.

That was due todue to an incorrect User/Password combination.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Nida