cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of Valuation class for PWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please advice me whats the significance of Val. Class for PWS. I am writing a PCR and not sure why  the below condition for Val class for PWS is checked before..

Regards

Mohinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Valuation Class is mainly used for generation of wage types from Table T510S. The significance of valuation class is to make the generation based on certain parameters.

To give you an example, there is a requirement that if a regular worker works overtime on public holiday, he needs to be paid at a x rate. However, if the shift worker works overtime on public holiday, he needs to be paid at a y rate. So how do differentiate between your shift and regular worker?

I will create two PWS and two WSRs - one for regular and another for shift employee. I will assign valuation class for PWS for regular as 1 and for shift as 2.

Based on this differentiation, I can generate two different wage types from Table V_T510S.

Now coming to your PCR, it seems that for all WSRs where the PWS has valuation class 1 and it is an OFF day, the processing type of all time pairs should be replaced by M. This will go on to generate overtime wage types from Table V_T510S.

Please check the value of valuation class maintained for all your PWS and see if you can figure out the logic for maintaining them different. If valuation class for PWS is same for PWS, then it implies that you want only WSRs having PWS with valuation class as 1 to be processed for overtime.

I hope this information is helpful for you and resolves your query.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what exactly is your requirement, but guess the below links may help you

http://scn.sap.com/thread/548729

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1992270

Valuation class for PWS can be seen in V_551C_B which can be used in the Time Wage Type Selection Rule view (V_T510S) to generate wage types for specific period work schedules. Try to correlate these things to find out the rationale behind your PCR. hope it helps.