Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to execute automatic Workflow customizing settings in swu3 transaction

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are trying to execute automatic Workflow customizing settings in swu3 transaction.My basis team has done all settings except maintain prefix numbers" and "check entries from HR control tables.Basis team is asking us to do these settings(either functional/abaper). When I am trying to execute check entries from HR control tables am getting an error.Please find attached screenshot of the same.

Maintain Prefix numbers settings is maintained but still it is showing red.

Please suggest how should I be doing this.

Regards

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Maintain Prefix Number -  As far as my knowledge concerned Prefix number is required to create the Org determination rule. Org. determination rule contains the eight digits, in which first 3 digits come from the prefix number.

1. Use the T-Code SWU3

2. Go to Maintain Definition Environment

3. Click on Maintain Prefix number and click f8 (execute).

4. Create new entry with

a) three digit prefix number (unique)

b) Sap system

c) Client

d) Package

I hope this will help you. Kindly attach the screen shot of the error.

Regards,

Dinesh.

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

This issue is resolved.

Regards

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Good to know that you have resolved your issue. Please share your answer with the SCN members. How did you solve this issue?

If any suggestion was helpful then please appreciate by rating their answers.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Automatic workflow customizing (trnx code: Swu3) settings need to be done by the Basis consultant.So I took my basis consultant help in doing the same.I would like to share a point that settings like swu3,activating business functions etc needs to be done by BASIS(which I am not aware earlier) need to be indentified and passed to Basis team.

Regards

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Thanks for sharing your experience with SCN members.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found the following SAP note which may provide some information about the issue:

520488 - Composite SAP note: PD control tables

Does this give an overview about the issue.

best regards,

johannes

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for providing the note.It did give an overview about the issue.I passed it on to my basis team to have the note implemented.

Can you tell me how important it is to have the activity "check entries from HR control tables" in green status and its implication ?

Regards

Jaya.