cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchase organisation optional in ME41 initial screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My requirement is to make purchase organisation, purchasing group to be optional in T.code:ME41.In screen layout at document level able to do optional for purchasing group but unable to do purchase organisation . please share with full details.searched a lot in google but i did nt find answer please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure why you and your business wants to have Purchasing Organization as optional entry!

Logically Purchasing Organization responsible for all external procurement which negotiates conditions of purchase with vendors for one or more plants and legally responsible for completing all purchasing activities.

Do not go for concept of having optional entry for Purchasing Organization and Purchasing Group for external procurement( RFQ,PO & Contract etc....)

NOTE:

Purchasing Group is a buyer or group of buyers responsible for certain purchasing activities.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member183468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raajkumar,

We can not create RFQ without purchase organization and purchase group, even you make purchase group as option system through an error. why do you want to create RFQ without Pur. Ogr.? what is your business requirement?

keep cursor in Purchase Organization field and Press F1 System gives an information as this field mandatory please see screen shot

Regads,

B V

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we remove by customisation will i get any problems?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the business logic for this requirement ?

To create a purchasing document, you need to enter the organizational level details.

Without entering organizational level, you can't create a purchasing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

here the RFQ is creating with ref to PR

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to maintain the organization level's data first in ME41.

I think, may be this facility will come under enjoy transaction (ME41N) as like as ME21N, where the all organizational level's details will be copied from PR. But till now this facility is not available for ME41.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reqmt  is to create RFQ with ref to pr for all line items or partial, and the RFQnumber should be common to number of vendors.But as per std sap giving different RFQ number for diff vendors.Then user wants to combine maintain quotation and price comparison(dev to be done), then during creation of po when we enter vendor system has to pick the best price from dev mentioned as in earlier step.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still I'll stay with my previous comment.

You have to enter it manually in ME41.

If you are using only one purchasing organization and purchasing group, then you can set it default via SHD0 - Transaction variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You  cant  make  it as  optional  because Entry  of  both  Pur org  and  pur group  is Mandatory at the  time  of  ME41.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create RFQ with ref to PR, user dont want to entry each and every time.