cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating text with Zebra Printers from Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having some trouble getting my Zebra printer to rotate text from Smartforms (at all).

- My printer setup is using the correct device type from Zebra.

- communicating through the internal wired PrintServer the printer came equipped with.

- Accessing the printer using Berkley protocol from SAP (recommended and seems to be the only method that works at all ATM).

- I have tried issuing the '^FWR' command from a command node both assigning it to S_LZPL_SETUP and creating a printer control. Neither method had any effect on the printout.

- I have tried simplifying my fonts as much as possible (tried base-line courier and helve)

Most topics I've seen so far other were at least able to get it to rotate...

Any ideas on what could be going on? (Maybe I missed something setting up the printer?)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victoria,

here is a link to the official Zebra-handbook. I've done rotating a hundred times. I'm pretty sure there must be something wrong in your configuration. I use ZPL-II driver.

http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/documentlibrary/misc/sap_smartforms_technical.File.tmp/SAP_Smart...

Page 40 is interesting

Additional to that, Zebra is a member of the printer vendor program and released a lot of different device types official supported by SAP.

See this note for further informations:

1173046 - Printer Vendor Wizard Note: Zebra

and here

750772 - Information about the ZPL-II printer driver for Smart Forms

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got into all but Sapnote 750772 already... but yeah it wass the driver.

As stated I was using the device-specific SAP driver from Zebra (specifically YZB200), instead of the ZPL-II driver (specifically LZEB2)

Thanks Florian!

Answers (0)