Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update and create data in database using SQLServer connection profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I using SUP 2.1.3 version.

After creating the connection profile for SQL Server and creating my MBO, i m trying to test the operations using Test Execution menu of MBO.

After inserting the test values and press test execute the execution gets succeed but no row is created or updated in the database.

Any idea would be great,

Thx,

Nuno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i can see the you are not passing any values for UPADTED, CREATED, IMEI input parameters in the "preview" screen, are they not mandatory one? Can you confirm in the backend if any value (maybe not mandatory one) has to be passed? if yes, then pass and check.

I m not passing because they can be null (already specified it). I ve also tried with data type values but without sucess.

Can you also check with the same input parameters in the backend if you are able to make any transaction and able to see a new record?

Answering your question i ve tried to create a new query in sql server and i m able to see the new record when i execute the query over the table, the problem is that when i test with SDK workspace. The connection to the database appears to be good but i cant update or create any data in it when i used "Test execute" in workspace.

Any idea Jitendra? Thx for your colaboration

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the help one more time but i resolved the problem. Although, i wouldnt be able to do it in the SDK, when i used the generated code, its working perfectly.

Thx.

Nuno

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you share how exactly you have resolved your issue?

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitendra,

I haven't resolved my issue completely. The thing is that i wouldn´t not be able to simulate the insertion or creation using SDK, testing over my MBO.

I tried using the generated code directly and it worked.

Nuno

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

After passing all required parameters for CREATE/UPDATE operations, what do you see in result? Do you see any response?

Calling , for more assistance.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Before press the test execute i had inserted the values in the fields as you can see in the image below:

When a i press test execute i got the following message but still the data isnt inserted or updated in the database (see image below).

Here are the SQL code of the create and update operations that i need.

Thx, any help would be great because i m blocked on this issue.

Nuno

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Not sure if it should work but try once.

As i can see the you are not passing any values for UPADTED, CREATED, IMEI input parameters in the "preview" screen, are they not mandatory one? Can you confirm in the backend if any value (maybe not mandatory one) has to be passed? if yes, then pass and check.

Can you also check with the same input parameters in the backend if you are able to make any transaction and able to see a new record?

Rgrds,

JK

former_member228049
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JK !,  I have switched to another product and haven't touched sustaining issues almost half year. It is sustained by the team in China. Sorry, I cannot provide more help

Thanks

-Yan..