cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC intermittent SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC error after changing business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after upgrading from CRM5 to CRM7 (Service for Employee), our Interaction Centre users started getting intermittent SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC screen dumps when clicking on the 'Save' button after having changed a partner number in the Partners Table of a Service Ticket.

On encountering one of these screen dumps, the user then has to close their IC session and then restart it - after which it is then possible to successfully 'Save' the same change to the same business partner on the same Service Ticket.

I have not been able to reproduce this error due to its intermittent nature.

Details of the source code extract from the ST22 dump is given below.

Has anyone else encountered such an issue themselves?

thanks,

Martin

Category ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

Except. CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

ABAP Program SAPLCOM_PARTNER_DU

Application Component CRM-BF-PD

Date and Time 20.08.2014 11:15:25

Line SourceCde

41 * data definitions

42 DATA: BEGIN OF ls_attribute_record_to_use,

43 partner_guid TYPE crmt_partner_guid,

44 values TYPE text255. "has to be as long as the longest

45 "attribute structure

46 DATA: END OF ls_attribute_record_to_use.

48 DATA: lt_attribute_records_to_use LIKE SORTED TABLE OF

49 ls_attribute_record_to_use WITH UNIQUE KEY partner_guid,

51 lv_tablename TYPE tabname,

52 ls_attribute_record TYPE crmt_partner_attr_du,

53 lv_name TYPE char64.

55 FIELD-SYMBOLS: <values> TYPE ANY,

56 <address> TYPE crmt_partner_address,

57 <fs_insert_record> TYPE crmd_partner,

58 <fs_addr_ref_data> TYPE crmt_partner_address_reference.

60 FIELD-SYMBOLS: <wa_to_proceed> TYPE ANY,

61 <table_to_proceed> TYPE ANY TABLE.

63 DATA: wa_to_proceed TYPE REF TO data.

64 DATA: lt_wa_table TYPE REF TO data.

66 *** MAINTAIN PARTNER RECORDS *******************************************

68 *** records to insert

69 IF NOT it_partner_records_to_insert IS INITIAL.

>>>>> INSERT crmd_partner FROM TABLE it_partner_records_to_insert.

72 IF sy-subrc NE 0.

73 MESSAGE a002(com_partner) WITH gc_object_name_partner.

74 ENDIF.

76 ENDIF.

78 *** records to delete

79 IF NOT it_partner_records_to_delete IS INITIAL.

80 DELETE crmd_partner FROM TABLE it_partner_records_to_delete.

81 IF sy-subrc NE 0.

82 MESSAGE a002(com_partner) WITH gc_object_name_partner.

83 ENDIF.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atulJaiswal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Check below Notes:

Also it looks a broken after upgrade, You can always open OSS note if can not find any existing relevant note.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

thanks for your message. I have had a look at the SAP notes that you have pointed me to, however they unfortunately do not relate to the functionality where we are encountering this problem:

1914117 - Relates to Sales (not Service {Employee})

1823316 - This error occurs in the wrong FM (BUR_BUPR_UPDATE) rather than FM COM_PARTNER_UPDATE_DU.

1809361 - Relevant for the SAP GUI transaction, 'BP', not the Interaction Centre which iswhere this error is occuring.

SAP have not been able to help because of its intermittent nature, it is not possible to create this error on demand, and as I am working on a secure site SAP cannot open a remote connection.

thanks,

Martin

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is because of adding the same guid which is already in the internal table .

Please check is there is any multiple save are multiple commits are happening through any custom development, This is issue is because of some buffer .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

any body got the solution to this issue. I am facing same kind of issue.

I have searched notes but found nothing.

Regards

Damo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Damo

SAP note 719927 suggests to uncomment the line of code "Set update task local"  in standard function module COM_PARTNER_SAVE_OB. We did not implement this note because it was not relevant to our version of BBPCRM.  We have now recently patched to SAPKU70212 two weeks ago and since then have not seen this dump any more in ST22. I am however waiting for perhaps another week before I am convinced that the error is now fixed by patching.

Thanks,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Damo,

patching to SAPKU70212 fixes this problem: since patching we have not encountered this error message for 3 weeks - we would normally have several of these errors every day.

thanks,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your swift reply.

Can i get more information about this patch. Does it solve the issue as you mentioned in comments.

Can you share all details so that we can try to use it.

Regards

Damo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Damo,

as I mentioned earlier we have not encountered this error since recently implementing service pack SAPKU70212. SAP must have made some changes between SAPKU70206 (which we were using when having these problems) and SAPKU70212 (which resulted in the problems going away) to rectify this issue. Perhaps you could raise an OSS message with SAP with this information in the hope that they can direct you to the relevant SAP note?

thanks,

Martin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check OSS note 360769.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salil,

thanks for your message. We are encountering this DUPREC issue in FM COM_PARTNER_UPDATE_DU, whereas OSS note 360769 relates to a DUPREC issue in FM BUR_BUPR_UPDATE and dates back 31.05.2001. An ST05 trace shows that our functionality does not call FM BUR_BUPR_UPDATE.

thanks,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Did you get any solution?

I came across an OSS note 1918636, which is sadly not yet released and deals with End button not working properly after an upgrade. That is as per its description.

This may be a probable cause of your problem. Cause if the previous call did not end properly system may try to push same data into database again and result in a dump.

I will suggest look for notes. That could be helpful.

Best of luck

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj,

yes, I can see that OSS note 1918636 is not released, and therefore the details are not available to read.

If I was going to investigate your idea further, what other tell-tale signs would you expect to possibly see in the system if the 'End' button failed to work first time: I presume the user would be aware of the first failure as the 'Identify Account' screen would not be displayed in response to clicking on 'End' - but would there be any other signs of this issue on the application server?  I have the SM21 messages that refer to the ST22 dumps for these incidents, but what else might there be to suggest that this error was due to a failing 'End' button?

thanks,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Not very sure about tell-tale signns, could be anything. But for you, looks it fails not always but fails only on partner duplicate insert. Any other duprec dumps?

Any custom development of your old CRM 5.0 interfering with standard code in 7.0?

I know its tough getting to root of inconsistent behavior.

Good luck

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj,

we are only getting SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC dumps in FM COM_PARTNER_UPDATE_DU, which is called on clicking 'Save' after having changed a reference in the Partners Table of a Service Ticket. There are no other circumstance when we encounter this type of error.

There is a very small amount of custom develppment from the CRM5.0 days in method IF_EX_ORDER_SAVE~CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE, however the custom code in here relates to an isolated custom DB table that has no relationship at all with BP. This intermittent problem has only been occuring in our live environment.

thanks,

Martin