Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BOFC: last used date of a report

martingebhartl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

As we are using SAP BOFC for 10 years, we have more than 4000 reports but in fact we do not know if all of these reports are still used by our users.
Is there a simple way to find out, which reports are still in use? I know that this Information is stored in the logfiles but reading the logs not a handy way to get the required information.

My idea: opening a report should trigger a SQL script in the database which logs Report ID and Date but I don´t know if it´s possible to do that!

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I would like to propose to enable the trace reports feauture which help the user to track any object modifications that have occurred.

Trace reports list any time a tracked object is created, modified, or deleted, and mention who performed the action.

This option can be enabled in the Desktop General Options as follwo:

1. Select Tools > General Options.
  2. Select the Trace Reports tab.
  3. Activate Enable the trace report function.
  4. Click Select views to select the views whose operations you want to log.
  5. Deactivate the views whose operations you do not want to log.
  6. Click OK.

Once this function is activated, all operations for the module objects you selected are logged in reports.

Indeed, you can add the column "last changed" in the report designer view to have the last time when the report is modified.

Hope thiw would be helpful.

Kindest regards,

Siwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have also a question regarding a date of the last change of the data in BOFC. We use SAP BOFC in order to enter data and we would like to track the changes of the data in Excel. My question is, whether it is possible to retrieve the date of last change of the package (or specific report), last publish date or last integration date in BOFC Excel link. If yes, which formula I should use - e.g. "getctlabel" and which parameter I should determine.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Tanya

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Tanya

I am fairly sure you cannot access the 'trace data' through Excel

You would need to use the provided trace report, as explained by Siwar in previous thread

Marc