cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display action buttons on iPad app?

uskalviskis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to display "action buttons" in my custom BO's TI in advanced list panes. For each of these table I created LayoutStackPanel where inside I have icon with defined event handler. In web UI version everything works fine. "Action button" appears and event handler is triggered on click.

When I open same TI on iPad, first of all Table is displayed as grid, not table, but I assume that is how iPad player generates that. But my created icon is not visible in specific row (I haven't allowed hover option as I thought iPad can't handle hover event), and even switching TI into edit mode it's not appearing and event handler isn't triggered.

I wonder if there is around some detailed guide, best practice doc which covers how we can design our screens for iPads.

Thanks,

Uldis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

uskalviskis
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem was found. As I disabled Overview facet, then that caused why my tables didn't worked, because the rule from the iPad player side is that the first facet is treated as the “overview” facet.

Lesson learned.

BR,

Uldis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm glad you solved this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uldis,

Please try to follow these steps to create it from scratch. It guides you on how to create a Delete button, so you can use is as a reference for futher action buttons:

1. Drag and Drop ‘LayoutStackPanel’ from ToolBox to List Column.

2. Right Click on the column and Select Model ‘LayoutStackPanel’. Add an icon over there.

3. Set the property ‘Visible on Hover’ of Layout Control to True.

4. Create an action on your BO node called Delete<NodeName>. Generate the script file and add this snippet:

this.Delete();

5. Set the property ‘On Click’ in UI Designer.

Create EventHandler calling the BO action. The EventHandler and "Misc" name must contain "Remove" or "Delete" as prefix to identify as a deletion column. As sample you can check the "Account Team" facet of account Thing Inspector:

/BYD_COD/SalesOnDemand/Account/UI/COD_Account_TI.TI.uicomponent

Click on the "Items" collection as following figure shows:

Then set the Icon ‘OnClick' event to your delete event previously defined.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Best Regards,

Fernando Giroleti

Cloud Service Center AMEA

uskalviskis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

I did all steps as you suggested. Even repeated same steps into Item collection where I defined icon. But still there is no result on iPad.

Cheers,

Uldis