cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing and resetting an existing Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, since I'm new to SAP world I ask you to help me, if not directly, at least to kindly point me in the right direction if possible.

I've searched in many forums and documentations on how to do the steps below but most of the time the informations are incomplete for me.

My problem is that in the Company I work the actual SAP Administrator got fired because of insider trading and before leaving he damaged

the SAP installation R/3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Data Center with Microsof MS SQL Enterpise Edition 2008.

Fortunatly I was able to recover SAP from a 6 day old backup so now is again working as before.

Now My boss asked me to empty the actual Company because he has closed it and open another one.

So I've made a backup of the actual SAP installation (just in case one day will be necessary to open it) and I ask you how I can:

1) Delete all the existing orders

2) Delete all the existing invoices (active and passive one)

3) Set the value of Zero to any existing material in the stock

4) Replace the old logo (and company info like address/phone/VAT) with the new one in all the documents (invoices / orders / internal notes)

5) Keep costumers / suppliers / bank list

6) Opening the accounting period

7) Various other note you consider useful to be made...

I've also tryed to create a new Company code but when people start working on it tons of problems arise that I'm unable to understand and solve so basically since the new company change only the name logo and info instead of creating a new Company code, I've though that the best solution to start a new company is to use the existing one and resetting the archives that need to be empty for starting from scratch reusing some existing data and deleting some other data of the old company that can't be reused...

Thanks in advance for any tips, please if you can don't be to much tecnical and don't take for granted and attach some screenshot, I'm learning SAP myself since a week...

Note: There is no Test version so all modifications must be done live on SAP production environment

Miss Enone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Prkacin for give me an encouragement... for now I've found:

1) Delete all the existing orders

[Using TCode VA02 one by one but i need to delete all at the same time]

[Using TCode SE38 > Excecute Program > RKODEL01 Delete CO Orders]

2) Delete all the existing invoices (active and passive one)

[Using TCode VF11 one by one but i need to delete all at the same time]

3) Set the value of Zero to any existing material in the stock

[Still researching...]

4) Replace the old logo (and company info like address/phone/VAT) with the new one in all the documents (invoices / orders / internal notes)

[Still researching...]

5) Keep costumers / suppliers / bank list

[I think that it's enough don't delete them]

6) Opening the accounting period

[Still researching...]

7) Various other note you consider useful to be made...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Enone,

I am researching the same thing as you with his thread. Have you found other things to add to your list?

Thanks,

Rogelio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miss Enone,

I'm impressed how brave you are to take that task.

Also, surprised how any company can assign that kind of task to person who works with SAP a week.

Good luck!

Mario