cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception handling in synchronous client proxy

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a synchronous outbound proxy-web service scenario. If our Post request (unknown data in the receiver) fails, the receiver system returns a 404 error that results in application error in PI. Now, I want know how to handle CX_AI_APPLICATION_FAULT using the standard fault message type (ExchangeFaultData). I couldn't find any reference for synchronous client proxies using this. I hope you can help me out. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You have a link here How to handle CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT in RFC - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki or here https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/75/a55c3cff8ca92be10000000a114084/content.htm

I dont know what is your exact problem, you can retrieve certain information in the ABAP code but i usually set a generic message like "Connection unsuccessful" because if you debbug the object the information is so technical to be showed to a client.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Iñaki. I just want to know if it's possible to put the contents of the Error or MainDocument payload of the response to the fault message so it can be used/read in the ABAP side?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I got it working now. I've finally mapped the fault message.