cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter Automation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

So I am configuring the Firefighter system in GRC 10.0 and I just had a few questions.

When I assign someone an FF_ID on the NWBC, does that just give the person the ability to request that FF_ID, or does it just give them permissions instead of creating an Access Request?

As I begin to set up the Access Request, do I need to enable the BCs in MSMP and configure those areas, or if the controller has their email in the system, and the notification by email, will it automatically forward all requests to them when a user requests access to a FF_ID?

I am new to SAP and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Buck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Buck,

basically if you add a user to a FF ID he has the access to use the FF ID. Beside the assignment you have also to ensure that the user has access to the EAM Login pad (transaction GRAC_EAM) so that he is able to start the FF session.

Based on the EAM provisioning strategy () you need to configure your ARM. Please see also some documents in regard to EAM collected here:

Let us know if you need furhter information.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I have added notifications for the approver and requestor in the MSMP Workflow Configuration- Maintain Stages step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Regarding the same topic, I have a doubt related to the EAM access.

Basically, I can make an acess request for a ERP User to access to a FF ID. However, if the user is not created in GRC, how can he acess the backend system to perform FF?

I managed to complete the workflow, do not understand how the user can than login in the GRC to use the tcode GRC_SPM.

Thank you for the help.

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasco:

This depends upon whether you are using Centralized or DeCentralized EAM.  If you are using DeCentralized EAM, then the user executes the FF Session in the target.  However with that, if you are planning to utilize the Additional Informaiton functionality in MSMP Log Report Workflow, then you need to create the Firefighter in GRC as well with only access to their Work Inbox.

Hope this helps

Kevin Tucholke

SAP America

Answers (0)