cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling does not take the factory calendar for counting the workdays

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am scheduling my jobs in CPS 8 and I have imported my Factory calenders also. When using Factory calendars for scheduling the jobs for the 6th working day of every month, Its does not count the Saturday as a working day, where as the calendar I am using has Working day on Saturday.

Why is it so? And is there a way to solve this ?

Please suggest. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you set up your calendar?

You need to use a time window, where you specify the SAP_FactoryCalendar period function and the 'with parameters' field should read:

calendar=<SAP_System> <calendar>

for example:

calendar=PR1 FR

See http://<server>:<port>/scheduler/help/index.html?Guide=SAP_Administration_Guide&Page=user_guide/schedules/period_functions/period_functions.html

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have setup the calendar correctly. When I use it for daily jobs, then it schedules it correctly ( i. e . its runs on Saturdays as well ). But for counting the workdays, it skips counting the saturday as a workday, whereas it is a workday as per the calendar.

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, That means the shifting (6th workday) is not working for you.

Please make sure you have a time window that is always closed, I will name this Test_alwaysClosed, make sure 'is calendar' checkbox is ticked.

Create a second time window named Test_Shift, tick the 'is calendar' checkbox.

Ensure it is open on the last day of the month.

Fill Test_alwaysClosed into the 'If an open day is closed during' field, select 'Forward',  to the 6th open day in '<TimeWindow_with_SAP_Calendar>'.

If that does not work, please provide screenshots of your setup.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Its working now.

But why is it not shifting when i use the weekdays option ? Is it a known  issue ?

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The built-in weekday is defined as Monday to Friday; I guess a line had to be drawn somewhere.

The calendar shifting has been implemented to allow for different definitions of the "same".

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the help 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used this same logic for scheduling jobs scheduling for the nth work days of every month.

But I have a job, where it is required to be scheduled on the 5th workday of a month and it is submitted once in every 6 months.

When I schedule it for every month, it works fine. But when I use a submit frame to submit it for once in every 6 months, it does not work.

Can anyone suggest how to do it ? I used a embedded window to check it also, which didn't work.

BR

Madhu

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You should open another thread for this. You write:

>When I schedule it for every month, it works fine. But when I use a submit frame to submit it for once in every 6 months, it does not work.

What does not work ? When is it scheduled for ?

Create a second time window, open in, say, January and July (whatever the two months are you want) and add that to the "Enabled During" field of you time window that is open the 5th workday of the month, create a submit frame that uses your time window.

Now, schedule it for the time you want it to run with time window and submit frame in the submit wizard, voila, should just work.

Regards,

HP

Answers (0)