cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

former_member447983
Participant
0 Kudos

I receive the above titled message when I attempt to connect with a certain model in BPC 10 MS.  I red prior postings regarding clearing caches, processing dimensions, and checked each field of the fact tables to ensure that no values exist in the fact tables that are not present on the dimensions.  I have performed these task and I still am encountering the above message.  Any insight on resolving this issue is appreciated.

Regards,

Greg Lakin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member447983
Participant
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Thanks for forwarding the above notes information.  I tried both notes.  However, neither note provided any solution.  Do you have any additional ideas?

Regards,

Greg Lakin

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

it's a new installation or it works before? Try to copy the model and see if the copy works

Regards

Roberto

former_member447983
Participant
0 Kudos

Roberto,

This model has worked previously.  I made a copy of the model and received the same index error message from above.  any additional thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

Regards,

Greg Lakin

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

it should be something wrong inside. Try to rebuild all from scratch, copy dimension (I think there are dimensions only for this model) from scratch, copyiing the members in a new excel, check the ID and the parent, clear metadata cache and build new epm add-in process dimension and see if ok.

Or try from a  copy deleting every time one dimension and see if after it works.

Regards

Roberto

former_member447983
Participant
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Thank you for your assistance.  There was a mapping issue in the source data for one of my dimensions.  The data caused an N calc to map to another N calc as a parent.

I took your advice and created a copy of the model.  Then I deleted  user defined dimensions until I was able to access the model.  I then added  the previously deleted dimensions until I received the above error message.  This helped me identify the corrupt dimension.

Thanks again,

Greg Lakin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member447983
Participant
0 Kudos

Parameter name: StartIndex