cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany /Wrong Document Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I can top user to stop using wrong purchase order type for intercompany process. By mistake users picked few time PO type UD (intra company stock transfer ) to create intercompany purchase order. SAP is creating the PO with delivery type NL (I know NLCC for intercompany) and user did follow on process with the purchase order which is creating issue in reconcile process from finance side.How I can stop users to use wrong PO type for intercompany using standard SAP ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

IMG-Materials Management-Purchasing-Purchase Order-Set up Stock Transport Order-Assign Document Type, One-Step Procedure, Underdelivery Tolerance

Assign PO document type here for Source and Destination Plants

And, make the following as error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagle..that may work !

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How I can stop users to use wrong PO type for intercompany using standard SAP ?

As you have PO type UD (intra company stock transfer ) to create intercompany purchase order and you should create other PO document types for example:

NB for Standard PO document type for Local Purchase

ZIMP for PO document type for Import Purchase

ZSER for PO document type for Service Order

ZASS- for PO document type for Asset Purchase

You can restrict user to create purchase order for particular PO document type by authorization control.Discuss with basis consultant, create a role(PFCG) and assign that role to user ID(SU01) of user.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By giving a good training to the user.

When you will go for PO creation, your first step is to choose a document type. I am quite sure, here you can't restrict it through authorization because the user can create PO for another process.

If the user creates only inter company purchase order, then you can restrict it via authorization.

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

By using BADI you can control users to restruict the particular document type.

Check BADI " ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST "

Ask you abaper to restrict the user to use docuement type. If Abaper write code perfectly for this BADI then definetly it will work as per your requirement.