cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of sales orders based on Sales order Doc Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am using 40 Strategy currently. The consumption of sales orders now happens based on requirement delivery date. But my customer want to serve his customers based on first come first serve as the production is always getting delayed. Now irrespective of req. del date, the stock should be consumed based on the sales order document creation date to fulfill first come first serve concept.

I am not finding suitable requirement class in SAP. Please help

Regards

KP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The scenario is quite not clear...Could you please brief it out further.

Because, in strategy 40, if a sales order comes in then sytem checks for any avaliable stock is there or not. If not then it looks for any open proposals available for PIR's, if so then it consumes the PIR based on consumption mode and period defined in material master or MRP group. If no open proposals, then system creates the new one.

So always the first come sales order will be consuming the stock or PIR, until the next MRP run.

Today a sales order has been coming in for 100 qty on 07.09.2014 delivery date and consumes the available stock of 100.

Tomorrow, another sales order has een coming in for same qty but delivery on 05.09.2014, then in next MRP run system will consume the 100 qty for 05.09.2014 and a proposal will be generated for

If the business scenario is something like above, then to avoid this, a PGI job can be scheduled always as next step to MRP run so, that PGI will be done for all the sales order which has stock and rest will be in error log. By this way one production plant can ensure that always the first incoming sales order is delivered.

Also an another option would be is to run the transaction V_V2 to reschedule the sales order before delivery, this will work out if the sales order line items are not account assigned. In this reschedule transaction, priorities can be given for item date of creation as 1 and followed by delivery priority and rest....

Please check out and let us know even if you have diffrent solution as well.

Regards,

Chinna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello KP

As far as I know, there is no setting for this behavior on the standard system.

If you want to consider the sales order creation date on MRP, you can use method CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBE from BAdI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA and create your own code.

BR
Caetano