Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of Planning for Total Planning

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

My Client Scenario is as follows

They import Spare Part materials from abroad to a Main Warehouse (defined as Plant in SAP) and then do stock transfer to around 60+ warehouse in different states (each defined as Plant in SAP).

At any time Stock exists in any of 60+ Plant and Main ware house Plant. However Purchase requirement and Purchase Order is created and placed from Only Main Warehouse Plant.

Now I am implementing Consumption based Planning with MRP.  I am Planning to define a Scope of Planning for Total Planning.

Clarification I request :

1. Whether I need to define Only all 60+ Plants in Scope of Planning or can I include Main warehouse Plant also ?

2. In which case if there is requirement in one individual Plant and there exists stock in another one Plant - whether system will automatically create stock transfer Planned order. What Special procurement type I need to define for this (If it is 40 , whether I need to define any Issuing Plant, since I have 60 + Plants)

3. If I have to run Forecast and Planning run daily for 60+ Plants and weekly for Main warehouse Plant, Whether I need to create a Separate Scope of Planning for 60+ Plants and a Separate Variant for Main ware house Plant with different Schedules - Am I correct

Thanks and Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the main warehouse plant enter VB or the suitable one.as MRP type for all the materials.

In the 60+ warehouses maintain 40 Special procurement in the define Main warehouse as supplying plant...

Define scope of planning include main warehouse and all 60+ warehouses in that to carryout MRP at once..If separately for 60+warehouses then create one planning scope for them and create one more for main warehouse..

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Kumar

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your immediate response.

If we define Special procurement type 40 for 60+ warehouse Plants materials with Supplying plant as Main Warehouse Plant, then if there exists stock in one of 60+ Plants and there is requirement in one of another 60+ plants how system will consider and create stock transfer between them.

Whether stock transfer between 60+ as well as Main plant is Possible ? If possible how to define Special Procurement type ?

Secondly what ever issued from 60+ Plants is the real Consumption of Material (as Material issued from Main ware house plant to 60+ Plants is only stock transfers and not real consumption).

In which case how to go about for forecast and MRP run for 60+ Plants and Main plant ?

Thanks,

R.Velmurugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want ST in between 60+ plants you need to define 60+ special procurement keys. The Scope of planning you need to define all the plants to consider the existing stock and define the main ware house as planning plant.

Hope this helps

Thx KP

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for your response.

If I define 60 Special procurement keys, but still I can define only one ie., Main ware house Plant as supplying Plant for each of those 60+ Plants Sp. procurement keys. In which case during Planning, it will check stock and calculate fresh requirement and make Stock transfer Planned order from Main ware house Plant only.

If stock exists in any of other 60+ plants , it will not take into consideration - Whether my understanding is correct ?

Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The stock situation in all these plants will taken care by scope of planning. It should not be a problem. Please check and revert

Thx KP