cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 7.4 WPC - Dynamic List at run time

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using Dynamic List to display Arcticles in other pages.

How to use dynamic list to display only the published content?

I tried the below scenario,

When I Provide the Design time path or Global Shared Content Path in the Target Folder Property of Dynamic List, it pulls out the articles, even before the page has been published.

I also tried to provide the Runtime path in the Target Folder Property of the Dynamic List, but it states that as incorrect target folder.

Please let me know,how to use the Dynamic List pointing to Runtime as we need to display the Published Content.

Any help on this would help us to decide on the Dynamic List Usage.

Thanks & Regards,

Palani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221786
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Palani,

i tried to do the same, to get my Dynamic list show the published content. After hours and days of research, especially going through the Dynamic List package ("com.sap.nw.wpc.dynamicList"), I figured out that its not possible to do so using Dynamic List provided by SAP.

It is mainly due to the fact that the elements in "pccdesign" and "pccruntime" are stored differently. You can see it easily when you uncovering the pccruntime folder in your KM and compare their content to each other.

Nevertheless its possible to show the published content.

But you cant use the Dynamic List.

I was able to create my own "Dynamic List" (I call it Overview List, so theres no danger of confusion) with an portal application which is very similar to the Dynamic List provided by SAP. But in difference to the original one I use the content from the pccruntime Folder.

When you try to develop your own list take a look in that Dynamic List package. There is anything you need.

(Random Fact: I needed a week for my developement)

Hope that helps,

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply. We are going for the custom development for the listing the news articles.

Really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks &  Regards,

Palani

Answers (0)