cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy parallel currency depreciation area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are migrating to New GL. As a part of this, I am creating 4 new depreciation areas (one for LC1 in non-leading ledger - 61, One for LC2 (GC) in non-leading ledger - 71 and the other two for delta between 01 - 61, and 31-71). I have marked 71 depreciation area as identical and adopting values from 61. I want to copy the values from the existing group currency depreciation area(31) into 71 as I want 71 to be a replica of 31 and I do not want the system to again convert the LC1 into GC using historical rates and I want to avoid writing an LSMW as they are lots of assets. Can someone advice how I can copy over dep area 31 to 71 using AFBN. System does not allow 71 to reference 31 in OABC for take over of same values. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a correct and simple parallel valuation scenario, please review SAP Note 1433535 which provides the necessary instruction how to create a ledger scenario, including parallel currency areas.

(For posting indicators and their meaning you can check KBA 1572318).

Please verify in your system and take into account the following information regarding ledger scenario logic: also, please refer to the standard ledger scenario logic documentation.

In short, this is a basic configuration of depreciation areas and posting indicators in asset transaction OADB:

Posting to G/L         Ledger
Area 01 HGB                    1                             0L
Area XX IAS                     3                             1L (your ledger code)
Area YY (IAS - HGB)        6                             1L (your ledger code)

Same setup is valid for the other ledgers that you may have.

You should also beware that according to the ledger scenario logic: Acquisiton/transfer/retirement postings in area 01 go to ALL ledgers, independently of the setting in OADB (this is not an error).
The difference is posted through the derived area.

Here I list again the 3 most relevant SAP Notes listed in regard to creating a ledger scenario:

1433535    Parallel valuation: Ledger approach

1594311    Duplicate posting in non-leading ledger when APC tr

1572318    Meaning of field "Posting in G/L" in  transaction OADB

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Brigitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Brigitte. My issue is not with the configuration. My issue is about the copying over of values from one depreciation area into another. I want to copy over the values from depreciationa area 31 into 71 (As both are group currency) instead of letting the system copy the values from 01 and apply the exchange rates. If the hostroical rate is applied then values in 71 do not tie with 31 and I want to avoid creation of a new transaction type to fix values in 71

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my understanding, if area 31 and 71 are parallel currency areas (entry in OABT) to another depreciation area each, then they must take the value (and depreciation rules) over from the depreciation area to which they are parallel currency areas to.

Hence if area 31 is the parallel area to area 01, then this is the area you must assign in OABD (OABC). And if for example area 71 is parallel area to area 07, then you must assign area 07 in OABD (OABC) and tick the "Identical" button.

Some other helpful notes:

1065932    Currencies in Asset Accounting

80434      Parallel currencies in Asset Accounting

Brigitte

Answers (0)