cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query prompt selector with a native filter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I include a "Query Prompt Selector" in my dashboard, it doesn't find any prompt source in my queries. The prompt selector works fine if I have a "local" prompt in my query, but when I use a native filter from my universe (It is a prompt filter), it doesn't find anything. In fact when I preview the query pressing "refresh", it ask me for the variables, so the filter is OK.... How can I solve this issue? Is it normal?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Richard,

What is the connection type used by you.
Can you attach the screenshot so that we can understand better.

Regards,
Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

The queries in dashboard are all connected to "BOEXI40-Audit-MSSQL" Universe. I am using a custom filter I created previously in this universe, anyway If you check this universe, you can see a filter called "Custom Date Range", which is a prompt filter.

You can open a new dashboard, connect to this universe, create a query using this filter, select a "query prompt selector" in Dashboard, and you will not see any prompt to select as source. At least this is whats happening to me...

Is this helpful to your question?

Regards,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richardo,

Are you using unv or unx. In case of UNX yuo must be using Query browser and in that case the Query prompt selector should work.

From Query browser panel just drag the prompt to canvas. this would give you the query prompt selector associated with this prompt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

I am using unx, and I am creating a query in the query browser. When I drag the prompt component to canvas, it doesn't work, it doesn't show any prompt.