cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DR setup using Sybase replication server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have our ECC production system installed on AIX / Sybase ASE database on H/A cluster. We are now planning to setup a DR server on a remote site using Sybase Replication server.

The plan to proceed is as follows:

1. On standby - Install SAP and Sybase database with same SID and system numbers (single host)

2. Update Sybase patch on secondary site to match that of primary database (SP 110 or above)

3. Install Replication server 15.7.1 SP 111 or above on both primary and standby servers.

4. Configure DR agents for replication between both sites.

5. Backup primary database and restore it on standby site (not sure of the best way to achieve this)

6. Start the database on standby site in recovery mode.

7. Monitor log shipping between both sites and plan for DR drill.

Question:

Is the above approach correct?
Since the primary site is on cluster, do we need to install replication server on any one of the cluster nodes, or both?
Additionally, are there any specific requirements relating to hostname? Do we need logical hostname? I know the Database SID must be the same.

Would also appreciate if you can advise if the setup needs to be re-done after a DR drill exercise.

In case I have missed anything or need to give special attention to, please provide your valuable suggestions.

Thank you !!

Regards,

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

Please refer below SAP note for the guidelines on the setup..

1891560 - Disaster Recovery Setup with SAP Replication Server

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for replying.

I have already gone through the note and attached files. They however do not detail the practical approach to be followed in this setup. I didn't come across any other relevant guides either.

Any other hints?

Thanks again.

AJ