cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subcontracting operation with same header material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

i want to do the subcontactring operation for 20 operation of 10,20,30,40 operations of material-X. For this i have searched the forums in google; But i got a solution like creating a dummy material for the subcontracting operation ( Not x Material). But user is asking the without dummy material creation; they want do subcontracting operation with Header material-X only. Please guide me the way forward. Is it possible or Not ?

Regards,

Mastan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To copy header material in external processing PO, you need to active BADI

PP_OM_BD_BANF_HEADER_MATERIAL - Define Purchase Requisition Header Material.

Thanks

Yogesh

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

With activating above given BADI the production order header material can be copied to Subcontracting Purchase Requisition not to Purchase Order because in standard once you convert PR to PO it copies header material.

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BADI is used to copy production order header material to PR.

Thanks

Yogesh

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mastan,

I suggest split your Routing in to two, after 10 operation do the GR for then send the same material to vendor for some service through manual sub contracting PO with same material as header and component then follow the regular steps to receive the material back.

Then you can perform rest of the operations for same material.

Br

KK

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your scenario is Operation subcontracting check the below link...

Thanks

Kumar

dunky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two types of subcontracting for operations in a PO.

1- Subcontracting w/o material movements: It's when you only subcontract tha activity, for example, of an assembly. It's like if the vendor comes to your plant and do the subcontracting on it.

You need to créate an standar info record for material group, it means, that at the selection screen you only inform of the vendor, the purchasing organization and the plant. Furthermore, you need to change the control key at the routing (PP02, YBP2, etc.) and inform the info record and the purchansing organization (also the cost element).

When the PO is created, the system, automatically generates the purchase requisition for the vendor. Once the purchase flow is completed, when you do the Goods receipt for the purchase order, the system only do a cost input for the activity to the PO, not any godos movement. The good receipt (101) for the parent will be done at the PO confirmation.

2- Subcontracting with material movements: in this case, you transfer the components to the vendor house, he, for example, assembly them and returns the parent to you.

For that flow, you must to créate a subcontracting info record for material group. As in the previos case, you don't have to inform the material, only the vendor, purchasing group and plan and the subcontracting info category instead. When you change the control key at the routing, in addition to the fields informed in the previous case, you have to click the subcontracting indicator.

When you créate the PO the system generates a purchasing requisition type L. Then, you have transfer the components with the TR MIGO with a movement type 541 to the vendor. Once the purchase flow is done, when you do the Goods receipt, the system, automatically do a cost input for the activity to the PO and the consumption of the components. In this case, be sure that you don't have to be informed the Production storage location because the consumption is done in the Goods receipt not in the confirmation for operation.

Hope i help you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of subcontracting you want to do?

Is it operational or material subcontracting?

Can you kindly give a business scenario for your client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly also refer below thread so that you get a better idea on subcontracting.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2006247

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for the responce. My Busines Scenario is operational subcontracting. In my production order;only one operation is going to to vendor. But in this we want the subcontracting only for header material of production order and we don't want to create dummy material for subcontracting the operation. Please guide me.

Regards,

Mastan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mastan,

in subcontracting operation don't necessary to create dummy material, but the only real material is the header material of the production order.

You have to create  the following step :

1. Create a sucontracting inforecord (type 3).

2. Create a rounting with external operation ( control Key PP02) and the subcontracting data contains in the operation details.

3. When you create a production order the system create a purchase requisition subcontracting with the master data inserted before.

4. When you release the operation and create purchase order subcontracting the system required mandatory at least a component for this external operation.

In this case you can insert in the bom a text position ad attribuite this at external operation, avoiding to create a dummy material.

The text item will be inserted in the position component of the purchase order subcontracting and it won't create problem during good issue and good receipt.

Let me know if i've been useful for you.

Daniele Pistilli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you kindly reply if your query is answered.

I think Daniele solution with solve your issue.

You have to create  the following step :

1. Create a sucontracting inforecord (type 3).

2. Create a rounting with external operation ( control Key PP02) and the subcontracting data contains in the operation details.

3. When you create a production order the system create a purchase requisition subcontracting with the master data inserted before.

4. When you release the operation and create purchase order subcontracting the system required mandatory at least a component for this external operation.

In this case you can insert in the bom a text position ad attribuite this at external operation, avoiding to create a dummy material.

The text item will be inserted in the position component of the purchase order subcontracting and it won't create problem during good issue and good receipt.