cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Job in a chain does not move to the next job step and does not throw any error

Former Member
0 Kudos

One Job in a chain does not move to the next job step and does not throw any error either, after importing from SAP and scheduling it from CPS 8 .

When I move it back to SAP, it runs again normally, executing all the steps. Any idea hat could be the reason ? DO not even know where to start checking, not getting any difference in the job import and scheduling including the Spool and printer information.

The error is as below:

Description Run SAPF124/TAGESABSCHLUSS in MMO_FI_SAPX-T-AUSZIFFERN_S3 (Z42_78/118)

Job ID 78639

Parent Job 78638 - Step 3 runs SAPF124 of type A

Definition SAP_AbapRunPrintExt

Documentation This job runs an ABAP report with print parameters and spool list recipient in an SAP batch job

Status Error

Return Code 4

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In CPS all jobs with exit code > 0 will go to status Error. In SAP, exit code 4 is seen as a Warning (Completed). To make CPS synchronize the job status and not take the exit code in to account add the process server parameter SAP_IgnoreApplicationReturnCode to your SAP process server and set the value to true.

You can also do this on individual job level by using the job parameter for Ignore Application return code.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

This parameter will not allow to stop the chain if one job in the middle is in error. Am I right ?

In the job in question, I want the next steps to run only if the previous job is completed successfully.

So I think this parameter can not be helpful.

Best Regards

Madhu

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

the difference here between SAP and CPS is that SAP marks this job Completed and continues to the next step, while CPS marks the job as Error, making the chain stop. To make CPS also mark the job as Completed to completely mimic the SAP behavior, do as suggested above.

Regards Gerben

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me know what it is status of this job in SAP and logs. SAPF124 is FI/ALM jobs which has dependencies on others FI/ALM jobs. So please check it's running in right sequence and also the error you have mentioned, it's seem releated to Redwood import issues.

Is you have amended the job chain after import.?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In SAP this job shows completed till the 3rd step. and no error in the job log. but it does not execute the 4th and the 5th steps. And in Redwood, it shows completed for 1st and 2nd steps, 3rd step is in Error but has no error log. The 4th and 5th steps are in chained status. I have not amended the job chain after import. I have just scheduled it as it was running in the SAP system.

Let me know if you need some further information on this.

Regards

madhu

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide the stderr.log of the job in question, also check any operator messages. The provided information does not ring a bell.

You can also simply click Get Support Files on the job in question.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

There are no stderr logs created for this job. But I am sending the support files as zip. Let me know if anything else you need to know for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the support file is in zip format. Can I mail it to you ? my mail id is madhubratam@gmail.com