cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with VerifyDatabase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I am working on a Crystal report migration project where migration is being done from Crystal 8.5 and VB6 to crystal 2013 and VB.Net. I've a report with 21 sections including Group header and group footer. The Problem is that as soon as the VerifyDatabase call is executed, system shrinks the section count from 21 to 19, and group header-footer are not available any more. Because of this, system starts throwing the error "Object reference not set to an instance of object". If I skip this call then system works fine and report gets generated. Is there anyone out there who has experienced this problem with Crystal Reports and MS SQL server? Thanks in advance. Prateek Arora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

The Database drivers have been completely re-written in CR 9 so you have to manually update the reports to use MS SQL Native X driver.

If SQL is 2008 then use the Native 10 client and SQL 2012 then the Native 11 client.

Also, you can't CR 8.5 and any other version on the same PC, 8.5 is not side by side supported.

Verify the reports work first in CR 2013 manually then test in your app.

Also, use the VS installer from this link:

No SDK's are instlaled in CR 2011 or 2013, this link is the SDK for both.

Don

Answers (0)