Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Protection: Warning about unsaved work in portal

Christian_Gaert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I mess about with the subject of work protection and I hope someone can answer my question.

There is a demo web dynpro application called DEMO_PORTAL_WP. Within its Main-View, you can push a button to set the dirty flag which is done by calling method "set_application_dirty_flag" (interface "if_wd_portal_integration").

When running this application within NWBC for HTML, I get a popup warning about unsaved work as expected when navigating somewhere else or even when closing the browser window.

When running this application within an SAP Enterprise Portal, no popup appears at all.

What is to be done to make the portal recognizing the dirty flag and showing the popup?

I already experimented with configuring the epcf service (attributesworkprotect.mode.default, etc), with the result, that an popup appeard in any application, most of the time the popup did not make any sense. I want the application to decide itself, whether there is data worth saving.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christian_Gaert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

any ideas? Hasn't anyone had a similar request in the past?

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Please go through the below thread and see if that helps.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I didn't realize that you've already tried configuring the epcf service (attributesworkprotect.mode.default, etc), and then you started getting too many pop ups.

Can you please go through the below SAP Note and see if this helps you :

945516 - Web Dynpro ABAP in a portal environment

BR,

Anurag

Christian_Gaert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Anurag,

thanks for your post.

I checked all the points in SAP Note 945516 and 1225587. Unfortunately, no success.

Do you think one could find the solution by checking the httpwatch-log?

BR,

Chris