cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify encoding on exporting Crystal report to a text file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

According to my tests whenever I export a report document to a text file (ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Text), Crystal engine produces UTF-8 file (BOM is EF BB BF). The question is - is there any way to explicitly specify output file encoding (ANSI / UTF-8 / UTF-16)? I am using <SAP Crystal Reports, version for Microsoft Visual Studio> 13.0.10.1385 (i.e. Support Pack 10). C# code example is following:

{

TextFormatOptions formatOptions = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions.CreateTextFormatOptions();

formatOptions.CharactersPerInch = 10;

formatOptions.LinesPerPage = 60;

DiskFileDestinationOptions destOptions = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions.CreateDiskFileDestinationOptions();

destOptions.DiskFileName = @"c:\test.txt";

CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions crystalExportOptions = new CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions

{

ExportFormatType = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.Text,

ExportDestinationType = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportDestinationType.DiskFile,

ExportFormatOptions = formatOptions,

ExportDestinationOptions = destOptions

};

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument crystalDocument = new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();

crystalDocument.Load(@"c:\test.rpt");

crystalDocument.Export(crystalExportOptions);

}

Thanks in advance,

Gleb.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gleb,

Crystal does not have the ability to select the type of encoding when exporting any file types. You will need to use a third party API set to do the encoding outside of Crystal to convert the type.

Don

Answers (0)