cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the add, delete,edit system on sap logon pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Just now i installed SAP GUI 730 and I am facing a weird issue I am not able to add any system as the create, edit button is disabled then I checked options and found the "editing of connection entries" box is also disabled. Now what am i going to do so that i can add system.

I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Awaiting responses...

Regards,

Sarnava.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member

This interface which you have attached are the settings for SAP logon pad.

check out other files in Start menu-->PROGRAMS->sap gui->sap logon pad....

there will be a separate icon for Sap logon pad..open it and add ur system..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priyankle,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that first. Kindly refer to the screenshot.That too is disabled..

Kindly reply what should i do..

regards,

Sarnava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your case seems quite interesting. Because in both these screens, the desired options are disabled.

As a workaround, you can install SAP logon pad in another PC and create systems there. From there you can copy the saplogon.ini file in your system. After that, restart your SAP Logon Pad.

Also make sure that saplogon.ini file in your system has proper read-write permissions. Maybe, this file has only read options and that is why your editing options are disabled.

Regards,

Priyankle

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarnava

1. During the installation time have got any error message? & have you applied the latest service pack?

2. You can try to check the SAPGUI  by typing the command in Start - Run
"SAPGUI (SAP host name) (Instance number)'

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarnava,

Please launch your SAP GUI client using C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe.  The file saplgpad.exe is being used in your situation and it's intended to prevent the user from changing the console.  You will need to extract saplogon.exe from the SAP GUI 7.30 DVD and change your shortcut to point to that file.

If you need to:

You can set up the SAP Logon in such a way, that some of the three standard SAP Logon views (Explorer/List/Tree view) are not visible for the user.

To disable any of the three available SAP Logon views, create the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon] (32 Bit OS)

“ShowExplorerView” (REG_DWORD) = 0 (disables the explorer view in SAP Logon)

“ShowListView” (REG_DWORD) = 0 (disables the list view)

“ShowTreeView” (REG_DWORD) = 0 (disables the tree view)

Cheers,

Dan Mead

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarnava,

You are using salgpad.exe = saplogon pad (No create, change, delete) only display

Try saplogon.exe =  create, change, delete are enabled. See you screenshot it's sap logon pad at the top.

ElaineS_0513
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Click the icon on the top left side of the log on menu, beside the SAP LOGON 740. Choose Options. Under the SAP Logon Options, uncheck the Disable editing of connection entries, click Apply then OK. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please install the SAPlogon.exe and not saplgpad.exe

Daniel is right

Regards

Pandit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Like Roman stated,

SapLogon Pad is read-only. This is by design.

It's typically used for rolling out to end-users so they don't delete entries.

For read-write entries, use SapLogonPad (saplogon.exe)

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration is not possible in SAP Logon Pad. Please Use Sap Logon instead. For more info please read http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/NWTech/SAP+GUI+Logon+Configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Check you client pc os and service pack try to upgrade to latest or check it on another pc it will properly

then check that pc service pack and update this one it will work

You need to use "SAP Logon" to create the entry. If you dont have it installed then you can create the entry in another PC with the SAP Logon and copy the saplogon.ini file to your own PC.

Open SAP GUI and Click on the top left (near to SAP Logon  icon ) Select Options Uncheck the Disable system edit functions and reopen SAP gui and try

check registry entires related to gui

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

please logon with Admin User of PC