cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM1 FOR WHICH PRODUCTS TYPE HAS TO BE RUN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have never understand why the TPM1 has to be executed, and also I would like to know for which product type has to be executed?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Marta

TPM1 -is valuation transaction for moth-end activity. In most accounting modules you have month-end activity (FI, CO)

You can do the following valuations with TPM1:

IMG -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> General Settings -> Accounting -> Settings for Position Management -> Key Date Valuation -> ...

If we do month-end activity it means that we are prepairing External reports like Balance Sheet Statement (BSS), Profit and Loss Statement (PLS), etc.

These reports are made with GL accounts. And Treasury and General leger module are linked through account symbols:

IMG -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> General Settings -> Accounting -> Link to Other Accounting Components -> Define Account Determination

The currency for these reports are taken from here - Valuation currency.

IMG -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> General Settings -> Accounting -> Organization -> Assign Accounting Codes and Valuation Areas

And all valuation activity is performed with this currency - valuaton currency.

For example you have a loan in USD. We can't show loan position in USD in BSS or PLS because this reports witll be read by local authorities.And that's why we have to do Valuation at month end - to show all transaction positions in one currency - valuation currency.

So the only reason to perform valuation - for reporting.

i hope you understand what i wrote. If not - ask questions.

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marta,

TPM1- Valution: This transaction values all your positions in the area of MM, FX (depends on the settings of MRA), Securities and for the derivatives it cheques the values in "vtvbar" and does the posting accordingly.

The point which i'm trying to emphasis is its used in all the area of Treasury.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jain