Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security prompt when opening Excel document in KM

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to see if anyone else had seen this and knew of a way to get around it.

We are on EP 7.4 SP09 and I am using IE11.

What is happening is, if I upload an .xlsx document to the KM repository. Then immediately click on it to open it, I receive a security prompt to enter my Portal Id/Password to view the file?? This only happens in IE. It opens with out the prompt using Firefox and Chrome.

Just to be clear, I have seen other posts where people have similar issues using a KM Document iView. I am not accessing this file using a KM Document iView or URL iView or anything like that. I am simply uploading into a KM folder and then trying to open directly from there and I get the prompt.

I have checked the authorizations for the file, the folder and the parent directories in KM and I have Full Control. And there is no issue opening the file in Firefox or Chrome, only with IE?

Note: Also, I tried this with a .docx file and found that I also receive the security prompt in IE, but the file still opens whether I enter the Id/Password or not???

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

even though you are not opening the file via an iview, it's probably still the same solution in 7.4 as it was in 7.3 and 7.31 (at least in our portal I need to maintain that after pretty much every SP update and after the different upgrades. ^^):

You need to change the authentication scheme of the KM Document iView-template. If I remember correctly, you should set it to "Basic authentication".

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Ahhhh Steffi, you are my new hero!!!

It was set to "basicauthentication" by default, so I changed it to "anonymous" and it works without the prompt.

Thank you so much and have a great weekend!!

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or you set it to that.

You're very welcome and have a great weekend yourself!

Answers (0)