cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition for Freight unit building rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm working with two different equipment types : a Container 20' Feet (20 To) and a Container 40' Feet (30 To).

If I have a sales order item of  500 TO, I would like to create 16 FU's of 30 To with an Equipment type (Container 40' Feet) and 1 FU of 20 To with an Equipment type (Container 20' Feet).

I tried to setup this flow by working with a condition for Freight unit Building rules meaning that I defined first two Freight unit Building rules :

FUBR 1 : Equipment type : Container 40' Feet => Split quanity : 30 To

FUBR 2 : Equipment type : Container 20' Feet => Split quanity : 20 To

But I don't know how to define the FUBR condition in order to have 16 FU's of 30 To with an Equipment type (Container 40' Feet) and 1 FU of 20 To with an Equipment type (Container 20' Feet).

I don't want to have the last FU of 20 To with a Container 40' feet but with one 20' Feet.

Did you have any experience with this kind of flow?

Thanks for your advice!

Kr,

JP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP

Context:

If I have a sales order item of  500 TO, I would like to create 16 FU's of 30 To with an Equipment type (Container 40' Feet) and 1 FU of 20 To with an Equipment type (Container 20' Feet).

I tried to setup this flow by working with a condition for Freight unit Building rules meaning that I defined first two Freight unit Building rules :

FUBR 1 : Equipment type : Container 40' Feet => Split quanity : 30 To

FUBR 2 : Equipment type : Container 20' Feet => Split quanity : 20 To

Response:

In SAP TM, A freight unit is a smallest logical unit that can be transported without any cargo handling down the transport line.

Your case, is shaking this concept. You cannot apply a combination of FUBR  for one item of a sales order. You can call a single FUBR from a group of FUBR's using conditions. This way still only one of the above FUBR will be applied.

To solve your problem with standard without changing the Building rule strategy, seems not possible

*Conditions apply(If you wish to create two items in your sales order itself, you can still model, But this way the user has to create the sales order consciously.

Regards

Vinod Kumar Pedapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod, Gaurav,

Unti now, I didn't find a solution in standard. As Vinod mentioned before, I can work with FUBR's condition in order to apply the right FUBR  but I cannot change the FUBR based on Sales order item.

As consequence that the equipment must be changed manually... An idea that I had was to work with a condition Freight Unit Weight/ Equipment type.... but I need to check if it's possible or not.

Kr,

JP

gaurav_jain27
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Would you want to change the equipment type of last FU manually. If Yes then create only one FUBR and assign 40feet container to equipment type and split qty as 30Ton. I would suggest this because consider the scenario in which sales order item has 505Ton, which would create the last FU of 25Ton.

Regards

Gaurav Jain

SAP TM freelancing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Indeed, I can still change the equipment type at Freight unit level but this is not a practical way of working.

In the scenario that you described, I'm expecting to have 17 Containers of 30 To.

I would like to optimize the choice of the Equipment type  based on the Freight unit weight but I think that this rule is too general.. It works well if you define Specific equipment type based on specific product group, etc... but not for this kind of scenario.

Kr,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

Correct me if I´m wrong but you´d like to apply two different FUBR for the same OTR item...this is not standard. Am I right?

Best Regards, Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I can define several FUBR for one OTR type by working with a FUBR Condition but at OTR Item I have no idea if it is s standard or not.

Kr,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

Like I saide before, assign at the same time different FUBR for the same OTR item is not standard.

You have to change this rule using ABAP in class /SCMTMS/CL_FU_BUILDER_IL.

Regards, Marcelo

gaurav_jain27
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

So did you manage to find the solution for the scenario which you have described earlier?

Regards

Gaurav