Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Planning happening with scope of Planning for total Planning

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

The Scenario is for Consumption based planning and MRP run.

I have created a  New Entry under Scope of Planning for total Planning run and entered the required two plants under sequence of Plants.

I have also entered manually consumption values for trial materials in those two Plants. I maintained MRP and Forecast View.

I then ran MD01 using the Scope of Planning created. But when I check the MD04 results for trial materials, no Planning has happened.

I shows a message  "Pl carry out Forecast for material xxx in Plant xxx "

Then using T.Code- OMDO, I created a variant for each Plant and also Scheduled. But after then also with MD01, No planning is happening.

When I check under T.Code - OMDU, the respective Plants were activated

Pl guide me the steps for Creating of Scope of Planning and then how to set up planning file and what could be the reason materials are not getting Planned.

thanks and regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Velmurugan,

do you already try to run single MRP run MD02  in order to show the message created by the system?

Are there any requirement don't cover by the stock or shortage?

daniele

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If you are using a forecast based MRP type, such as VV, you need to run forecast before running MRP.

You can do that individually for each material on MM02 or in mass using transaction MP38.

After the forecast, this material will be planned by MRP.

BR

Caetano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to confirm that your problem is the Scope of Planning: If you run MD01 for the plants, is the MRP running?

If it is working then your problem is not the scope of planning.

Note: Remember to press refresh in MD04 when you check the screen, the MRP could have been successfully executed, but your screen needs to be refreshed.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mariano,

MRP type VV (forecast based Planning) is used for these materials.

I defined Scope of Planning for Total planning and included Plants in sequence.

Then I created new Variants for Planning file entries for these Plants (T.Code - OMDO).

Then I created new Variants for Planning file entry consistency for these Plants  (T.Code - MDRE)

After then I executed Mass Forecast (T.Code - MP38) and then carried out total planning run using T.Code - MD01.

Now the materials are getting planned.

I missed Forecast run earlier.

I found the reason for the problem, hence closing the thread.

Thanks to Mariano and Daniele for your inputs.

Regards,

R.Velmurugan