Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload technical documents?

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SCN Team,

I have a couple How to Technical documents in WORD format and find out if I upload the document as is to BI Platform forum? 

• Is there a SCN standard Word template I need to use?
  • Must I convert the *.doc document to another format?
  • Also wanted to find what is correct area to post:
    • Blog area ?
    • Document ?

Please advise

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

To add to Jurgen's comments, Google seems to be the main entry point of a lot of members to find SCN content. If you have the entire crux of your document in a Word document link it is unlikely to appear in the high up in search listing. Your content may not get as much visiblity.

I too find it frustrating that you have to download files and when I ask the person their excuse is they wanted to add pictures and could not copy/paste the image in the SCN document - not realising the insert image button is there for them to use.

The other benefit of writing directly in SCN is that you can save the draft - you can work anywhere at anytime with version control and publish when you are ready. You can also add a collaborator if you want someone else to contribute or review whilst you are working on the document.

The more I blog and learn about the SCN platform the more I am moving away from writing my draft in MS Word first.

As an aside, if they are 'How to' technical documents is there a chance the content belongs in a Wiki or help.sap as opposed to a document?

Regards

Colleen

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you like create doc or blog,

Directly you go to BI forum and click on create a document or create blog.

Enter the text and you can add images. later you can publish your doc or blog.

Please refer below document. will help you to create blog or document.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46004

In above link you can find difference between document or blog.

Attaching documents are not possible for non SAP employees as I know.

Thanks

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

I have already checked all the link provided from the main SCN Getting started but nothing provides the details I am looking for:

• Created / uploaded Word documents using SCN based templates, if this possible ?

I have even check the points system, see link

Nothing provides the exact YES &/or NO to my question.

Ajay

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a small variation of your question was answered quite often, even from SAP employees: e.g. http://scn.sap.com/message/14588864#14588864

I actually find it annoying to open a document with quite a promising subject and find nothing else than another link whih asks me to download  document to open it.

If you want share knowledge then take some more effort and prepare it in the given editor, so that the people can see the content directly when they open it. It is a kind of service and the feedback (likes and ratings) is usually more positive than for all those documents that ask for download before they can be opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

What exactly you want to do. If you want to upload technical documents into scn,

Moderator will check your documents if it is fitting to the requirements then only it will get uploaded.

No message will come to you.

Regards,

Arati