Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atos placement claim.

archit_wahi
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I had just been to Atos Mumbai one of the sap training partners for inquiry about sap and have been recommended the sales and distribution module as i have a years exp in sales.

They are also claiming that once i complete my certification in SD module Atos hires people like me who have certified from Atos even without any domain experience in sap.

Firstly will be working into support for 6 months and then into implementation. The package offered by them is around 3.7 Lacs.

Wanted to understand how true is this claim as its about hiring people with 1 year sales exp and without any domain experience in SAP so do they really walk the talk??  Any references will be appreciated

Awaiting your help at the earliest.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

archit,

Atos placement claim might be true...they might give their students chance to "participate" in support tickets etc.

But from a person building an SAP career...this claim is false...totally false!

To survive in SAP SD one of the most important skills is logistics domain experience...if Atos is not taking that as very very important, then it is just wanting to sell its expensive service to customers (students in this case).

Go into SAP SD if you love process, IT, hardwork, facing challenges - day in and day out (atleast in the initial part of your career). Atos or anyother training institute can not give you a career in SAP, only you can do that (with lady luck, ofcourse)

typewriter

0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice as my decision stands vindicated. I didnt go ahead with atos mumbai instead im learning BI from a pvt institute through a reference. and am totally focused on  knowledge gain rather than a certification to show, As im hopeful to crack intvws n build a career in SAP.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question 1: Can they give this claim in writing? Obviously, not. It is only a type of marketing trap.

You should never join a course just based on placement claim, which is future activity. Nobody knows what is going to be happen. Therefore, you should a join a course based on your interest and your financial situation. you should always keep your expectations right on certification. It gives you fundamental knowledge and basic understanding about SAP configuration / business processes. You cannot constructed it as a job guarantee program.

0 Kudos

I agree. It is true that it is just a placement strategy. No one can guarantee any job at least for Freshers where opportunities are less.

Seniors please give your suggestions,opinions on the link.