Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Barcode in Printout

former_member211613
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We have two plants one in Maxico and another in china

i have selected same process order type to create process orders in both plants.

when i am saving the process order system is printing the process order but for Maxico plant i am getting the bar-code of materials which are assigned to phases or operation but for china plant i am not getting bar-code of materials. i am getting the bar-code of operation start and end for both the plants but not for material.

In T-code CB85 i have checked the configuration for both plants and order type same form is there same print program is there. but why system is printing the bar-code for maxico plant but not for china plant.

Please help.

Regards,

Dheeraj Rawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Barcodes not printing on shop floor papers can be due to following reasons:-

1. There could have been a change in printer at the China Plant. The new printer may not support the barcode type as defined in Form layout.

2. It could be due to layout issues in the form which is hindering the barcode print.

Some hints in finding out the root cause:-

1. Check with some other printer whether it prints or not ?

2. If it does print, then it is a local printer issue. You need to involve Basis/ Local printer team on this issue.

3. If it does not print in alternate printer, then check master data (field mapping for the material barcode) as to whether the data or field values is filled or not ?

If problem persists, then let me know more in details about the following:-

1. Are you using SMARTFORMS ?

2. What is the output device SPAD settings ?

3, Which fields are you mapping for the material barcode ?

BR

Rahul

former_member211613
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Actually as of now i am only using print preview i am not printing the batch card in print preview bar-codes are not coming for china plant but for maxico plant bar-codes are coming

second, bar-codes are combination of process order number, phase number and sequence 001 for 1st material 002 for second and so on.

eg. if process order number is 9XXXXX and plant is CXXX and materials assigned to phase 0100 then barcode that will be generated is 9XXXXX0100001 and so on for other materials.

Regards,

Dheeraj

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dheeraj,

Check

1. if your print program code excludes china plant in some way.

2. Whether china plants satisfies bar-code format to be generated or not? i.e. china plants order contains phases/seq/materials and material assigned to phases as required.

Regards,

former_member226240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Check the printers (device types) in use and take BASIS help for SPAD transaction.

Also, see whether both printers are same ?

Also, check with barcodes types used in the form ?

I think you would be able to find root cause in any of the two above.

Rahul

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would compare two orders (one from Mexico and other from China) and ensure that the structure is similar, operations, componentes, phases, etc..

If you don't identify a problem in the process orders, check if you are using the same Sapscript and program. If are the same, then take a look of the sapscript (t-code SE71) and the program (t-code SE38), maybe there is a hardcode or something that affects the China Plants. You can also debbug the sapscript and see exactly what it the problem. Depending on your skills, you will probably need the help of a programmer.

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano

former_member211613
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply

but i would like to inform you that i am using the same sap script and program for both plants but i am wondering why it is not coming for china plant.

is there any assignment of order type with plant which i am missing for china.?

is there any printer related configuration for order type and plant.?

Regards,

Dheeraj Rawal

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you only have problems with the BARCODE and the rest of the form is generated as expected, then I don't think you have a problem CB85 and the configuration. I would think your problem is related to the code that is converted into a BARCODE.

Maybe the problem is a chinese character. Is this your cade?

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member211613
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are firstly trying the same form to be generated in english after that we will look for chinese language but its not coming for eglish as well i dont know where is prob. i think maxico is hard coded in prog or sap script need to debug the same one more time.

Regards,

Dheeraj Rawal