cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need More Information on Service Master Configuration in MDG 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an requirement to configure service master data in MDG, with minimum information.

Service Number, Service Category, Description(Short & Long), Service Group, Valuation Class, Base unit of measure..

Which should follow different maintenance types:(Create, Update/Change, Delete/Flag for deletion, Mass Maintenance).

If any have documents/links on service master configuration in MDG 7.0, which helps me to get more insight know understand better.

Appreciate  your help in Advance.

Thanks

Bharat Chinthapatla

Moderated - no private phone or email data!

Message was edited by: Michael Theis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

I assume you want to implement a custom object for service master (reuse option for table ASMD), not some special solution for material type DIEN.

You need to implement an access class for your data model. Implement interface IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS, it's pretty well documented. Hint: The function group for service master BAPIs is BASB.

For the UI, you'll want to provide a configuration for UI application USMD_OVP_GEN. There is a quite extensive online help on this, e.g. http://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon70/helpdata/en/95/be4952bc8d5a64e10000000a423f68/content.htm?frames....

Regards, Ingo

P.S.: For your reference, all the MDG guides are collected here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for response.

When I try to open the help link, it is showing 404 page not found error, could you please check and provide the same.

Can you also share the details about creation of access class and interface(IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS) interface implmentation.

Thanks

Bharat Chinthapatla

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hmm, SCN is not happy with these links and converts them according to rules I don't understand. "SAP Library - SAP Master Data Governance" or key in "help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon70/helpdata/en/95/be4952bc8d5a64e10000000a423f68/content.htm?frameset=/en/13/3ad4525af74a4ee10000000a423f68/frameset.htm&current_toc=/en/ea/29ad50e6542f3ce10000000a44538d"
As I said, the access class interface is pretty well documented in SE24. There is (beside the material and BuPa implementations) also a test data model available called SF. This is also a reuse data model with the UI mentioned above.

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharat

Did u manage to create the solution in MDG for service master. Pls can u share with us detailed instructions and the data model etc.. with us.

I am trying to do the same and this help would be much appriciated.

Sorry too much in a hurrs - Ingo any help from your side would be most welcome.

mfg

ap

0 Kudos

Hi Bruss,
Links not working ,
if you can to share it again please ,and if you have more information to provide.
Thanks in advance.

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

See Ingo's previous comments incl. links to the MDG 7.0 documentation.

You may also browse through the config. documentation for the latest MDG (on S/4HANA) release and check the chapters on data modeling and UI modeling. Additionally, check the how-to page.