Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Forms in ep 7.4

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me the step by step process of creating XML forms in the portal KM, my portal version 7.4.

I am new to the XML forms, i have gone through sap help but unable to understand.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189925
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Did you refer to the following help link, it gives step by step procedure for Creating XML Forms

Creating XML Forms - Knowledge Management - SAP Library

Regards

Santarshi Samanta

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi santarshi,

Thnks for the reply.Yes as i mentioned in my post i have gone through scn help but i am new to this i am not getting compleatly.

Can you please help if their is any step by step document which i can follow.

i have searched for the documents but i found the older version docs , the process which they mentioned in the document are not their in portal (Version 7.4)

Regards,

Anil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any help???????

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Normally you could start by playing around with the existing SAP delivered XML Forms, e.g. SAP Demo News. You could duplicate any of these projects and make changes to suit your needs. If you are still having issues then I think you need to provide a little more information here. What exact parts don't you get? What are you unable to do?

Regards,
Lorcan.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

Thanks for the reply.I have followed the below document and i have followed all the steps finally  i got strucked in the 5th step how can i get the webforms in portal

Please help me how can i proceed next??

Regards,

Anil

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Web Forms from Web Page Composer(WPC) are completely different to XML Forms created using XFBuilder, this is what you were referring to initially.

It's still not clear exactly what your issue is? What exact steps have you done and what exactly can you not do? Are you encountering errors? Section 5 in the document you mentioned is quite large, what part of it are you referring to?

Regards,
Lorcan.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

sorry for the late reply.my requirement is to create the News and Notifiactions, where the admin can update the news.

can you please tell me where should i start creating the XML forms,i have gone through the link Creating XML Forms - Knowledge Management - SAP Library but as i am very new to this i am unable to understand compleatly.

Can't i achieve my requirement using WPC?? please correct me if i am wrong.

Can you please help me if any step by step documents for the XML forms.

Regards,

Anil

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lorcan,

do you know if there is some improvements planned for XML form builder ?

Since we can add some HTML code in xml form (edit or show) I tested some call to jQuery (not so far from SAPUI5) to integrate date picker, table (and I try to integrate a small Gantt Chart).

XML Form Builder (in 7.30, I don't know for 7.4) is  a quite old stuff (tool).  I think this has still a future (on xml form we can put versionning, integrate KM properties, approval flow, subscriptions,...) but have some new object in XML form could be very useful and have a new modern user experience.

Best regards.

Vincent