cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Explosion/Transfer from R/3 to GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What are the prerequisities/configuration that needs to be carried out before we transfer the BOM from R/3 to GTS on both R/3 and GTS systems. Also, Please clarify the below points.

- Can we transfer BOM with the standard Purchase Order BADI (transfer of purchasing documents from R/3). Also, how to transfer the BOM in real time with the purchasing documents.

- Is BOP ID a mandatory setup to transfer BOM and where does this BOP ID is generated. Is it derived from R/3 and sent it to GTS. If its from R/3, there should be an enhancement to generated BOP ID and similarly GTS also needs to have a customization as well. Please shed some light on this

- Are there any different kinds of BOM in GTS ie., a BOM which can only be used for Risk and Compliance management and other BOM/BOP used only for customs management.

I did try to transfer the components and the finished product from R/3 to GTS and the materials (components/finished product) moved successfully but no link is established. I believe this is where BOP ID comes in.

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

The Bill of Product for Customs Management (CuMa) is not related to the BoM for Risk & Compliance.  I guess it's because only customs-relevant components need to be taken into account for CuMa.

I don't think there are any tools provided for automatic transfer of CuMa BoPs.  You can specify any BoP ID that is unique and numeric - the system does not generate it for you.  If you don't want to create the BoP as Master Data in GTS, you can flag the Customs Product for "external BoP" - in that case, you must code the BAdI to obtain the relationship between the Finished Product and its Components, and you could write an RFC to interrogate the feeder system for that information.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. How do we setup the transfer of BOM from feeder (R/3) to GTS incase of Risk & Compliance Management. Can this process be automated?

Regards,

Satya

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Transfer the BoMs using Change Pointers.  The set-up is detailed in the standard GTS Configuration Guides.

Regards,

Dave