SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund is optional for posting with FM area XXX until 9999

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Initially I have activated only Fund Centre and Commitment item as mandatory and selected Fund as not used, Then we have done some testing in FM.

Now we need Fund as Mandatory, but system is not allowing to change as mandatory, the following is the error

Fund is optional for posting with FM area XXX until 9999

Message no. FMCU036

Diagnosis

Fund is optional for posting with FM area XXX until fiscal year 9999.

System Response

The fund cannot be set to '"mandatory" in budgeting.

Exception

If BCS activation (2000) occurs after the activation of the account assignment elements in FM (9999) ,  '"mandatory" is a valid status.

The fund is mandatory in posting as of the time that you have activated BCS.

Procedure

If you want to use the fund as a mandatory account assignment element in budgeting, it should also be mandatory for posting (blank value should not be allowed).

Otherwise you should set the fund status to "optional" or "not used in budgeting", in order to take posting settings into account.

Kindly suggest how to make Fund as Mandatory

Regards

Upendar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, the message is quite self-explanatory: you have to set 'fund' as mandatory for posting as well. In IMG 'Allow BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements' fund should not be allowed to be blank.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, the message is quite self-explanatory: you have to set 'fund' as mandatory for posting as well. In IMG 'Allow BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements' fund should not be allowed to be blank.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eli

Thanks for immediate reply

In IMG 'Allow BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements' fund should not be allowed to be blank.

Against this setting already FUND is selected, and ToYr selected as 9999

Still I am not able select Fund as Mandatory

Then other way I tried by removing Fund selection ToYt in the above configuration, subsequently system allowed to change FUND as mandatory but error remained same.

Please suggest

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this activity 'fund' should be de-selected, as its selection (flagging) implies ability to post blank values. If you completely delete the entry, the message might be the same, but it should not be any longer an error message, but just a warning.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli

Many thanks for reply

Now error has been solve, but in FMBBC why Fund is not comming?

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That depends on the layout: check if the layout you are using contains this field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot