cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field to add number of packages shipped along with Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Experts,

We have scenario, we have created sales order with quantity 1(Like soft copy or hard copy of CD).

Now we want to create delivery with sales order and quantity is 1(Copy from sales order).

Our requirement is some time we have to send additional things like hard copy of manual or complement gift which we are not entering in sales order.

Exp: Sales order- quantity 1.

Want to deliver quantity 1(+ manual+ complement gift, these items are not part of standard order)

For more clarity, we have to add one field and want to enter number (How many items we have send along with main materials and these items are not relevant for pricing also).

So requirement is add one additional field in delivery header/item.

Customer doesn’t want to use Free of goods or BOM which we have propose him. How to customize standard table and standard program.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Kotli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use text item in delivery. It will not be relevant for pricing neither for inventory. Just open material type with no stock data and att that in delivery directly. It will serve just as a text item. You can search Google for it for more information.

If it is not acceptable then please share the reasons and concerns of your client. Another option could be to use texts. How about that?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.We want to add a field, might be like this.

Regards,

Kotli

Former Member
0 Kudos

did your client use packing?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No are not using packing.

We want to add one tab here that Extra Package no like delivery quantity.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

the information has to be per line item or it could be in a header field summarized for all lines?

regerds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,we want  to add  one field at header level so that just enter extra no like 3.(We are sending three more items with material,no other details are required like what we are sending).

Line item 10  Material    xx

delivery quantity 1 

Extra fields: 3 no

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe you could see if the header field LIKP-ANZPK is suitable. this is located at TAB Picking with title No.of packages

be carefull to checkthat it  does not has any side effect at customers functionallity.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I didn't want to suggest this but since you are insisting to use some field at line item level then let me know whether you are using picking and customer material number or not? If you are not using any one of these fields then you can use that for this purpose keeping the usage of them in future. If these two options are not possible to use then use text not text item. I hope you know what does text means. It is a tab at item level and you can enter text in there line item wise.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks MoazzaM.

We are using picking and material no and at  Header Text we are using for Shipping contact info.

For item text we are using to capture tracking information per/line items.

We don't want the customer to get confused with number which we want to add here hence trying to find out the way if we can do it without table(LIPS) customization.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have never seen anywhere that we can add any fiield on column in a grid. This is a grid where you want to add field or column which is not possible. You have to use any available field in line item or header tabs or you can have more than one text for one line item in text tab.

Thank$

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kotli,

Instead of adding new field use sub line item, that will differentiate from main item and follow the advise of moazzam.

Thank$

Hidayath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We don't want to use BOM options.

I have also checked "No. of packages'` at header level but my requirement is at item level.So we are also exploring the option of  APPEND  standard table and add this field.

Kindly let me know  if we can do it without Appending standard table.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kotli,

Instead of modifying the standard table just rethink as it will have lot of problems when client undergoes version upgrade.

Better to go standard SAP way (as told by Maozzmi) r customize without modifying the standard table.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekanth

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my country with some names if we add i with male's name then it becomes female name. Now what is your intention here?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to pronounce name wrongly ...... I apologize for that ..........

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot Sreekanth,

I have tried to explore on  Moazzam's  suggestion but its not working out.

We are using text option for some other purpose and we don't want to use that option.

We want to add against  per line item no of free package means just number.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kotli,

I have one suggestion anyway you have chosen custom way to solving this issue so in that case why can't you use some usused field in VBAP to store the values. Just a last option.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekanth

0 Kudos

hahahaha...Gender change without any surgery...