Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best suited SAP module after leaning SAP SD

amit_bagul
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I am a SAP SD consultant, further want to learn another module. I am confused between SAP CRM and SAP Logistic Execution. Can you please suggest a best suited module to be learn to enhance my knowledge on top of SAP SD.

Thanking you.

Best Regards,

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Bagul ;

I improved my skills in MM module after that i start SD. They are similiar with each other like a cross minus

I advise MM modelu to complete Logistics...

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

10 REPLIES 10

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Bagul ;

I improved my skills in MM module after that i start SD. They are similiar with each other like a cross minus

I advise MM modelu to complete Logistics...

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i started as a SD consultant and afterwards i learned MM. It helped me a lot because sales, logistics, purchasing etc are closely related. I also worked for 2 yaers in an SAP CRM implementation, but in my opinion first try to involve with MM issues and projects.

Regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to Career Center.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not briefed much about your SD experience and your domain experience based on which only, suitable guidance can be given. 

I would say SD is a generic terminology and I am not sure, which area you are comfortable as on date.  Within SD, you can learn many sub modules like LE, ATP, GTS etc., which will take months together to know these functionalities in detail.   So having said this, you can very well learn this.

Of course, you can also learn CRM but what I have seen is those who learned CRM at one stage, they tend to forget SD configuration due to the fact that once they concentrate in CRM, they will not give much importance to R/3 configuration.  So you have to decide whether to go with CRM or LE. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a SAP CRM and BI consultant and I like SAP CRM very much. It is more modern then SD and for me the processes and technologies are more interesting.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the above,you may also consider learning ABAP if you are comfortable in coding.Techno functional consultant is also having more demand now-days.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest you to go like this. SD > MM > LE > CRM

When you learn SD and MM LE is automatically covered in it because most the things are commonly used in it and when you learn SD and MM then it would be easy for you to learn CRM so SD > MM is good for you.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, try with LE(most of LE needs usually make SD consultants), then MM(because MM is too wide modul, try to learn it in under integration aspects with SD, like cross company transporting, subcontracting etc), then CRM

amit_bagul
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Certainly you all have given me enough stuff to take a good decision! Also new directions you have suggested which I was not aware of.

Please keep suggest more, if you want to...

Thank you all!

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

There was a quite interesting article on what next to SAP SD,  but I couldn't get the link of article.  In that article, he told the SAP SD guys should learn SAP Transportation Management.  Because, SAP TM is developed like anything nowadays and global supply chain management, true globalization of many companies across the world... now the product needs to deliver crossing many borders and many miles.  As SAP SD consultant, you know the end to end business processes to deliver to customer, however the logistics execution from road, rail, ocean, and again road, how we deliver to customer, that is done by 4 Party Logistics or 3 Party Logistics side.

SAP TM is very interesting if you look at SAP Supply Chain Management side in SAP SD perspective.

Also, SAP CRM Sales and Service is good.  I have suggested here many times to many guys to look at SAP CRM Sales or Service option.

Best of luck.

Regards

GGOPII