cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL link (OpenDoc) to open webi report at SAP BI app on Ipad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues!

I have trouble with manually created URL link for opening report in Ipad app.

I need it for open reports from external custom app.

Platform - SAP BI 4.1 SP2

I do every steps for link creation by Admin guide,

but my link open app only, and doesn't open report which ID is inside of URL.

AND!!! (interesting moment) if I touch report icon, app will open page of report which was inside of URL,

i see that something is lost, maybe some patch could help.

Despite this, link successfully worked if it was created by app via e-mail sharing function,

this link work from email only. I try to copy-past it and open as manually created link - doesn't work.

I see some improvements in 6.0.8 since the 6.0.6 version of app,

In 6.0.6 app doesn't login inside and want to create new connection (name of connection which was at URL was exist and work in app)

But is still doesn't work

Who have any ideas, please share it,

Lets solve this issue togehther!

With regards from Ukraine,

Serg Marusiy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolve this issue:

URL link must have NO ANY SPACES.

I was copy past link from manual and change text to my parameters (ex. CMS, CUID) but there was some spaces. You must delete it.

Link without spaces works correct.

With regards from Ukraine,

Serg Marusiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serg Marusiy,

I am looking for a SAP BI URL to open specific section in a report and I tried same as Admin guide of 6.0.9 App.For me it is trying to create a new coonection instead of opening the report.

Cold you please provide me the SAP BI URL link to open the specific section of report?

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You must delete all spaces in your link.

Link works only to first space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serg Marusiy,

Yeah, I have removed all spaces in the link, still I am facing the same issue.Can you please give me sample SAP BI URL.

I am giving this SAP BI URL in <a href="SAP BI URL">Test</a> in webi report. It is the way to use in webi report right?

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see example of link upper in discussion.

It starts from sapbi://OpenDoc/.................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serg Marusiy,

When I tap on the SAP BI URL to open document, it is opening the new App and it is asking for login(I have already created the connection with name what I have passed in URL) then it takes me to the listed report page after that report is opening.

My concern is SAP BI URL is not directly opening the report, can you please suggest me on this?

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You have the same problem as me

You need to delete all spaces in link.

Please provide your link, I will check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is my SAP BI URL link in Webi Report:

="<a href=\"sapbi://OpenDoc/?authType=secLDAP&default=yes&connection_name=ABC&server_url=http://XYZ.domain.com&ConnectionType=BOEConnection&cms=xyz&type=webi

&iDocID=ACB6XYZNGBy8x5MvFbQy_cxcx&reportId=2&reportPageNumber=0\"title=\"\"target=\"_blank\" nav=\"web\">"+"SAPBILink"+"</a>"

Please check and Correct it if it has any issues/concerns.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This link will open your report from external app only!

sapbi://OpenDoc/?authType=secLDAP&default=yes&connection_name=ABC&server_url=http://XYZ.domain.com&ConnectionType=BOEConnection&cms=xyz&type=webi&iDocID=ACB6XYZNGBy8x5MvFbQy_cxcx&reportId=2&reportPageNumber=0

If you want open webi report from other webi report - you must use "Document link" from context menu of doccumentt inside BI platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks  for your info, Can you please give me an example link for this Document link...

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not SAP BI URL right? This is like open document link we used in webi reports. I am looking for SAP BI URL stuff to use especial for mobile reports like to open specific section of a report.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

Please, create new Message in forum with all requrements you need & invite me.

I will try help you.

You add your requrements step by step and it may have different ways to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok sure. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

If you are using another app or webpage and need to open a report with the SAP Mobile BI app then you should be using the SAP BI links. If you are trying to go from a Webi report to another Webi report in the app, then use the normal OpenDocument links.

As you are already aware, using the email function when viewing the Webi report will generate a working SAP BI link. This link will work outside of the app. You stated it does not work. Possible reasons include if the link contains foreign characters or bad HTML encoding.

The app will only try to create a new connection when using the SAP BI link if the connection name defined in the link does not exactly match the connection name saved in the app. When the add connection screen pops up check the pre-filled fields and see which does not match with the already defined connection. Sometimes bad HTML encoding can cause this.

Provide a screenshot of your connection details from the app and your SAP BI link if possible

Regards,

Ashton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for participation.

I need link to open report from external custom app.

6.0.8 version of app doesn't create new connection - it's ok.

Link:

sapbi://OpenDoc/?ConnectionType= BOEConnection&connection_name= uni&server_url=y-devbo.unison.loc:8080 &cms=y-devbo.unison.loc &Type= webi &iDocID=AYxYg1sc8JJBjPt_0DRyepA &sReportName=Region &reportPartKey=0&reportPageNumber=0&reportIndex=2&isInstance=N&prompt=0

Connenction: