cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field to add to enter number of items which are shipped to customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Experts,

We have scenario, we have created sales order with quantity 1(Like soft copy or hard copy of CD).

Now we want to create delivery with sales order and quantity is 1(Copy from sales order).

Our requirement is some time we have to send additional things like hard copy of manual or complement gift which we are not entering in sales order.

Exp: Sales order- quantity 1.

Want to deliver quantity 1(+ manual+ complement gift, these items are not part of standard order)

For more clarity, we have to add one field and want to enter number (How many items we have send along with main materials and these items are not relevant for pricing also).

So requirement is add one additional field in delivery header/item.

Customer doesn’t want to use Free of goods or BOM which we have propose him. How to customize standard table and standard program.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Kotli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems the big question (and still not answered one, from what I see) is - what do you need this field to do exactly? Does it need to appear on the forms (delivery and/or billing document)? Is it relevant for billing and does it need to appear in the billing document? Do you expect any kind of financial postings (e.g. do you maintain inventory of such items)? Do you expect this information to appear in any kind of report?

If, except for the forms, all the answers are "no" then you might as well use a special text or any other field. E.g. in one of our systems we capture number of packages for some international shipments. But we didn't want to implement HU because of the very low volume. So instead we have a custom pop-up in the delivery (using BADI, I believe) that asks the users to enter all the additional information (there are few more fields like package dimensions) and it gets stored in a custom table to be retrieved later in a form.

But if you need any kind of financial posting or reporting then it's the whole another story.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot Jelena,

Its not relevant for billing and not relevant for any kind of financial posting.

My requirement is  very similar to your's but we need only one field at item level, just to enter no of package.

This field should be a like text and no other functionalities are required as we want to enter only no like 5 or 3 here.

Next, we want to pull the report for free package which we are sending to end customer,per week.

Hope this time its clear.

Thanks.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it'll be in a report then texts certainly won't work. The 'No. of packages' field suggested by Sandip above is a good candidate (and we re-use it for our purposes too), but it's in the delivery.

In the sales order AFAIK there are no numeric standard fields that could be used for own purposes, so I believe you'd have to add a field to the 'Additional data B' screen (this is a designated screen for the custom fields). This customization is documented and have been discussed on SCN many times, please use Search.

There is a disadvantage that the users would have to go to a separate screen, but if you use some UI tool (e.g. Personas) then it could be easily adjusted. The advantage is that this is an SAP approved way of enhancing sales order transaction and the field will be available for reporting in VBAP.

Also take a look at the cross-selling process. It is more evolved than you really need, but doesn't seem to require ABAP and maybe it could be fine-tuned to your [simpler] purposes using a service-type material.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please correct me if i didn't undestood the issue.

you want to add in your outbound delivery lines with items which are not relevant for billing.

these items is always not relevant for billing?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.We want to add a field, might be like this.We just want to enter only no of extra items like 3.

Exp.

Delivery Qty-1

extra items:3

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DSP

Have you explored the available field `No. of packages`in delivery as shown below.

Not sure if this meets your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding new field on the standard screen will not be good idea. Instead of adding new field we use the Text. You can user to input those information in Text and it will be easy also to print on the output as well.

You can make text mandatory if you want by some user exit.

Regards

Suneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have also checked "No. of packages'` at header level but my requirement is at item level.So we are also exploring the option of  APPEND  standard table and add this field.

Kindly let me know  if we can do it without Appending standard table.

Regards,