cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate record in CT Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

It's interesting that i got duplicate records in CT_DATA even BADI does not start to do any transaction on CT_DATA.

Actually it used to work properly until i defined a second hierarchy on ACCOUNT dimension which is also linked to our Model.

Do you think the problem is related with hierarchy? Or anything else?

Regards,

Sadi Ç.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadi,

I have the same problem here. I found out that defining the ACCOUNT scope will remove the duplicate data. e.g:

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT=BAS(BS)

But this raises concern on how the standard programs (e.g. CURR_CONVERSION) deal with this problem, as we cannot re-scope the data for them

Please share if you find anything.

Thanks,

Hendry

former_member192509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sadi,

Before finish the badi clear the ct_data table:

Clear: CT_DATA.

You usually must to clear the ct_data table before pass the new values that you generate in the badi.

Regards.

Mario

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

The topic author clearly posted "i got duplicate records in CT_DATA even BADI does not start to do any transaction on CT_DATA" Your comment is not related to the issue.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadi,

What is your requirement and please send screen shot of the error or duplicate records.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

As i defined above, i got interesting issue in CT_DATA. It retrieves duplicate data before BADI start. Well, then i've deleted the second hierarchy and saw that the duplicate records were gone. It's totally fixed.

But i should open a second hierarchy but it causes duplicate records.

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sadi,

Check if you have used EPMSaveData(). This can be the possible case of doubling the data.

Regards,

Meenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meenu,

The badi directly gets CT_Data from the cube. not a report or input form.

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sadi,

CT_Data can only be filled when you are sending the data from BPC. It cannot be directly filled from the cube. You must need to use report or any other option to send the data to BAdi from BPC.

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meeny,

Please don't post incorrect info. You are talking about write back badi and Sadi is working with custom logic badi...

Vadim

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I didn't come across the situation where CT_DATA gets data from the cube without sending any data from BPC front end.

Can you please tell me how I can do that. It will be helpful for me.

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, read about CUSTOM LOGIC badi launched from script logic with QUERY=ON parameter...

The simple example is provided even in BPC NW 10 online help.

Vadim

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the info. I have used this various times.

But to perform Query=ON, we have to use script logic from BPC front end which further calls the BAdi and based on the scope of script logic CT_DATA will get filled.

I think there was a miscommunication as Said wrote "badi directly gets CT_Data from the cube", I was thinking he was trying to get data from the BPC cube directly and filling an internal table & calling that table as CT_DATA. Big Confusion..

Thanks..

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But script launching badi will not send any data in general It will only provide scope!

Incorrect - this statement: "CT_Data can only be filled when you are sending the data from BPC"

Vadim